Predator sequel mentioned in The Guardian

Started by Spoonman101, Jun 27, 2014, 06:09:55 PM

Author
Predator sequel mentioned in The Guardian (Read 2,264 times)

Spoonman101

News of the Predator sequel reached The Guardian.
The article states the fear of losing Shane Black.
http://www.theguardian.com/film/filmblog/2014/jun/27/predator-film-sequel-director-shane-black

RakaiThwei

I scoffed when the article writer said that PREDATORS was set on the Predator homeworld.. FAH! And PREDATORS not being a big hit? From what I remember, everyone was completely fawning about this movie when it was released and people are still fawning over it from what I see here on this very forum. Unless I'm missing something..

Spoonman101

...Everyone?

SiL

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jun 27, 2014, 06:28:34 PM
And PREDATORS not being a big hit? From what I remember, everyone was completely fawning about this movie when it was released and people are still fawning over it from what I see here on this very forum. Unless I'm missing something..
It didn't make a whole lot of money and the critical receptions was pretty lukewarm. It wasn't a big hit at all.

Lemonade

Yeah, it made the same amount of money Requiem did. Although it's one of the only two Predator movies to be fresh on Rotten Tomatoes.

Spoonman101

It was decent... It's not like Black's movie will be another Fox treasure here. I look forward to it but I'm pretty rooted that this will be the same thing, another decent film..

Lemonade

I get the impression Fox is done with settling for decent. Hence, Black. Who's the best action director and writer today.

SiL

Kind'a hard to justify when Cameron's last action movie remains the highest grossing film, not just "one" of them (Seeing as that's one of the metrics you use to show Black's any good).

Lemonade

Yup. I'll take a blockbuster action director over a slasher dude any old day. If you won't, at least it's a nice change of pace. :-)

Spoonman101

Quote from: SiL on Jun 28, 2014, 12:12:25 AM
Kind'a hard to justify when Cameron's last action movie remains the highest grossing film, not just "one" of them (Seeing as that's one of the metrics you use to show Black's any good).
Sorry SiL, but I don't understand whom you are referring this response to. As for the hype on Black, I don't know how long you have been following Aliens and Predators cinematic-wise but I for one have been around the block enough to know that even though we get a potential director it always turns out decent if not bad.. Explain,( besides the gross of previous films) how he would be any different?

SiL

Quote from: Lemonade on Jun 28, 2014, 12:15:16 AM
If you won't, at least it's a nice change of pace. :-)
No it isn't. John McTiernan was a blockbuster action director.

Quote from: Spoonman101 on Jun 28, 2014, 12:26:12 AM
Sorry SiL, but I don't understand whom you are referring this response to.
The person directly above that post: Lemonade claiming Black's the greatest action writer/director around.

Lemonade

Quote from: SiL on Jun 28, 2014, 02:43:49 AM
Quote from: Lemonade on Jun 28, 2014, 12:15:16 AM
If you won't, at least it's a nice change of pace. :-)
No it isn't. John McTiernan was a blockbuster action director.

Quote from: Spoonman101 on Jun 28, 2014, 12:26:12 AM
Sorry SiL, but I don't understand whom you are referring this response to.
The person directly above that post: Lemonade claiming Black's the greatest action writer/director around.

He was a blockbuster action director when he did Predator? Curious, I could've sworn all he had on his oeuvre was some schlocky horror garbage.

SiL

And yet his second movie was a great big action movie and his third is widely regarded as one of the best action movies ever made, if not the best.

Lemonade

Man, I'm just excited for Shane Black. I don't know what else you want me to say hahaahahaha. I'm not going to feel bad about being excited. ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed