Shane Black is doing a SEQUEL!

Started by Lemonade, Jun 25, 2014, 10:17:16 PM

Author
Shane Black is doing a SEQUEL! (Read 191,159 times)

Johnny Handsome

Nothing new:

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/the-predator-shane-black-on-his-plans-to-recapture-the-spirit-of-the-original-a7061006.html

QuoteWhile speaking to London Live's brand new programme, London Film Club, Black revealed his vision for the upcoming take on the classic franchise; which has already been touted as a canonical sequel, though there's hope it will manage to utterly reinvent the classic franchise.
Read more
The Nice Guys review: Irreverence and originality in droves

"Back in the original, there was a real sense of mystery, I thought," Black stated. "And discovery, when this thing came to Earth. Then it sort of became over the years, with the iconic makeup - you could almost find a good-looking Predator by going to Comic Con - it had lost its lustre; in the sense that it was no longer mysterious in the way the alien in Ridley Scott's first Alien was mysterious."

"If we could even capture half of that creepiness that he had and, also, keep some of the humour of the first one, too; I'm just keeping the torch for what I think was the better version. This one's supposed to feel like: get your tickets a month in advance, you know its coming, it's exciting to you in the way hopefully that Prometheus or the Alien prequel will be."

"So, we're trying to up the stakes that way; just making it full of ideas and mystery," he concluded.

Corporal Hicks

Please! Someone ask him something new!

overthere

overthere

Now he's saying we'll want to buy tickets a month in advance, instead of three months like he said before. I guess his enthusiasm got toned down. :D

Johnny Handsome

Shane Black: Predator will have humour

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Hardly surprising with Black behind it.

overthere

overthere

How much longer will I read "Predator remake" in the title and articles? These reporters have one job, and can't be bothered to check anything.

Corporal Hicks

No-one checks now-a-days.  :-\

overthere

overthere

I bet even a title that denies The Predator being a reboot will say "Predator reboot is not a reboot"

Corporal Hicks

:laugh: I wouldn't put it past them.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Still no word on a Christmas setting. :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

I don't know how serious he was about it but he spoke about that trend in the Empire podcast. He said something to the effect of now people are well aware of it and look for it, he might just stop doing it. He doesn't want it to become some kind of joke.

Hudson

Hudson

I haven't been following the press for this film too closely, but has anyone at all asked him how he's approaching this movie based on his super-clandestine-insider role within the production of the first film? Maybe it's irrelevant, but I'd definitely ask him how his outlook on The Predator is effected by his experience being hired to write an unused draft of the original film, and then to keep an eye on the inexperienced John McTiernan and report back to the big boys. Am I off base here? I was under the impression that Joel Silver hired him for this reason. I find it humorous that he's now in the position of directing a Predator film after working on the first one to essentially spy on the director, and I just think it'd be an interesting question for one of these media journalists to ask that isn't another variant of "omg what's the new one going to be like!?"...and so of course it probably won't get asked or even researched I'm sure.

Corporal Hicks

It was one of the reasons they hired him - as a bit of a "oh, he's a writer too. He can help them on the script" but he wasn't interested in doing that. He said he didn't do anything to it. He's talked about it in some of the press for The Nice Guys though I can't remember which one.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

He's said the only things he wrote on Predator were his jokes.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

So you guys reckon this will be a Black Comedy?

...oops, sorry!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed