Shane Black is doing a SEQUEL!

Started by Lemonade, Jun 25, 2014, 10:17:16 PM

Author
Shane Black is doing a SEQUEL! (Read 191,158 times)

Zenstoren

Zenstoren

Quote from: Spoonman101 on Jul 04, 2014, 11:10:53 AM
You guys.... It's a movie.... Come on...

Agreed. Let's face it, not all of the continuity issues are justifiable.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Spoonman101 on Jul 04, 2014, 11:10:53 AM
You guys.... It's a movie.... Come on...

Yeah, what are we? A bunch of nerds?

SM

SM

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 04, 2014, 10:12:24 AM
Like building floors/windows/Alien cages that weren't affected by it?

Which floors and windows?  As for the cages - it's back to volume.  No amount of foresight is going to withstand that much acid.

QuoteSure didnt stop them from breeding a lot of aliens and placing them in definitelynotacidproof cages.

A few millilitres of diluted acid blood is apparently comparable to several litres of non diluted blood.

Critical thinking seems to be dying art...

SiL

SiL

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 04, 2014, 08:33:47 AM
And it's not meant to be explained, because it just makes no sense.
Yes, and? When has that ever stopped a fan from trying to explain it? Why does harmlessly musing about explanations seem to offend you this much? :P

QuoteThat's very nice. The film shows us it doesn't.
Yeah, but you said it didn't burn because of the script -- script says otherwise.

blood.

blood.

The cages were acid proof.

Just not molecular acid proof.

:)

hunterweay

hunterweay

It call bad blood. comic book from darkhorse

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Quote from: SM on Jul 05, 2014, 01:48:08 AM

I guess humanity will be ok as long as we have you around to keep waving the flag of critical thinking.

Spoonman101

Spoonman101

Quote from: Blacklabel on Jul 05, 2014, 04:18:20 AM

I guess humanity will be ok as long as we have you around to keep waving the flag of critical thinking.

http://thumbs.newschoolers.com/index.php?src=http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k639/jakeschoon/82754347.gif&size=400x1000
I can't even begin to express how much joy this post has brought to me on this one day...

SM

SM

Quote from: Blacklabel on Jul 05, 2014, 04:18:20 AM

http://thumbs.newschoolers.com/index.php?src=http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k639/jakeschoon/82754347.gif&size=400x1000

You're welcome.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Then again, i've been wrong before.

demonbane

demonbane

Predators already got criticized for copying too much from the first film. So Shane better not go with a lone hunter stalking a group.

SM

SM

Isn't that their thing though?

Bio Mech Hunter

The fact of the matter is, any way you cut it, there is going to be fans, critics, and casual movie-goers who are going to criticize or downright hate the film for being either too different or too similar to the original. That's just how it is.

Likewise, there will be those the enjoy or love it for being similar or different.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

So it's a sequel and not a reboot?

Praise f**kin' jesus.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Bio Mech Hunter on Jul 07, 2014, 04:09:53 AMThe fact of the matter is, any way you cut it, there is going to be fans, critics, and casual movie-goers who are going to criticize or downright hate the film for being either too different or too similar to the original. That's just how it is.

Likewise, there will be those the enjoy or love it for being similar or different.

Well put. Personally, I'm not especially bothered how similar to or different from the previous films it is, so long as it's an enjoyable movie in its own right. The fact Predators was so close to the first film in terms of execution isn't what let it down for me (although some of the references were far too heavy-handed).

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed