Shane Black is doing a SEQUEL!

Started by Lemonade, Jun 25, 2014, 10:17:16 PM

Author
Shane Black is doing a SEQUEL! (Read 191,175 times)

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Was hoping for a full on reboot..  :-[

If anything, I just hope we don't see any Super Predators, or alien worlds unless it's somehow set in the far future.

Lemonade

Lemonade

Quote from: SiL on Jun 25, 2014, 10:59:18 PM
Quote from: Lemonade on Jun 25, 2014, 10:51:22 PM
In terms of prestige.
It wasn't Scott's prestige that made the news of him doing the movie interesting to people, it was the fact he did Alien.

Prestige, or iconography. The point is, an A-list director, who could direct anything he wants, is doing the movie.

DaddyYautja

DaddyYautja

Quote from: Magegg on Jun 25, 2014, 10:31:48 PM
If you count none of the Predator movies featured the same characters, it doesn't really matter that they say it's a sequel or a reboot  ::)

Does the definition of sequel say that you must include the same exact cast of characters as the previous movie?
Cause if it does then we have to relist a whole mess of movies.

Hudson

Hudson

Anyway, I've gotta say I'm pretty excited, but I'm now in the same place I was in 2004, 2007, 2010, and 2012. I was disappointed all four times.

Something about Shane Black being involved has me much more interested though. I think as a writer he's much more self referential, if that makes sense. He seems like the guy who will direct Predator as a movie that doesn't take itself too seriously, which the first two films excel at. Predators sucked because of the whole "we think we're above Predator 2 and we just want to remake Predator on another planet."

I can see Black being the guy who's like "f**k it, let's just go crazy without being pretentious like Predators (and Prometheus) and just make an 80s action movie." Although my excitement will easily be stilted depending on who's going to be in the movie. Because Arnold is very shittily trying to restart his career, I could see him being interested. Danny Glover, probably not unless they give him more money than he probably deserves.

Shinobi Wan Kenobi

Shane Black is doing a SEQUEL!

f**k ya!

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Jun 25, 2014, 11:30:22 PMDoes the definition of sequel say that you must include the same exact cast of characters as the previous movie?
Cause if it does then we have to relist a whole mess of movies.
Or at least a certain continuity. I know the facts of Predator are mentioned in Predator 2, but they're still barely relevant, they're practically self-contained movies, not sequels.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Magegg on Jun 25, 2014, 11:52:12 PM
Or at least a certain continuity. I know the facts of Predator are mentioned in Predator 2, but they're still barely relevant, they're practically self-contained movies, not sequels.

If something is set in the same continuity and after the previous effort, then it's a sequel. It's irrelevant whether the former events are referenced. Continuity is what matters.

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jun 25, 2014, 11:59:00 PMIf something is set in the same continuity and after the previous effort, then it's a sequel. It's irrelevant whether the former events are referenced. Continuity is what matters.
But if the events on a movie don't have direct repercursion on the next, then who cares if they call it a sequel or a reboot or a self-contained movie, LOL.

Doggo33

Doggo33

Ahh the relief. I'm so glad they're not re-making it.
I do still certainly expect the film will be complete rubbish, and will unnecessarily add to the franchise, like 'Predators' did, in so many ways. And unfortunately, 'Prometheus' did also, though that's a prequel, so that was to be expected.
I don't have no hope, and I'll see the film either way, probably. But I won't get high hopes.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

I am just glad that it's not Rodriguez doing the movie, or Antal either for that matter but after PREDATORS... I feel like I am walking on thin ice here. I honestly had been hoping for a reboot which would've started something on it's own while ignoring the previous sequels. But as it turns out, it's a sequel and an inventive one at that. I know that Shane Black was in the first movie but I never really saw Iron Man 3, and I barely remember the Long Kiss Goodnight which he happened to wrote. So I can't say anything about his directorial skills.

I wonder what ideas Shane has in mind for this sequel. Will it continue after PREDATORS? Not likely, and that is the case I can be quite thankful for that. But what kind of sequel will this be? A direct sequel to the original which ignores the others? A sequel set after Predator 2, ignoring Predators? Or will this bet set after PREDATORS? Personally.. I'm hoping this ignores PREDATORS and maybe even knock it out but that's just wishful thinking.

Who knows what Shane and Dekker's ideas are, and I suppose that is what has got me anxious so far.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

http://collider.com/predator-reboot-sequel-shane-black/

If Bloody Disgusting is down for ya.. here it is.

Lemonade

Lemonade

Quote from: Magegg on Jun 26, 2014, 12:04:58 AM
Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jun 25, 2014, 11:59:00 PMIf something is set in the same continuity and after the previous effort, then it's a sequel. It's irrelevant whether the former events are referenced. Continuity is what matters.
But if the events on a movie don't have direct repercursion on the next, then who cares if they call it a sequel or a reboot or a self-contained movie, LOL.

Preach. Call it a bowl of jello for all I care, just give us a good movie.

Doctor_Foster

Doctor_Foster

Thank God its not a carbon copy of the first and that its expanding the series.

DaddyYautja

DaddyYautja

So that whole team hunting the Pred based on the info they got from the previous movie have no connection?

Lemonade

Lemonade

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Jun 26, 2014, 12:30:08 AM

So that whole team hunting the Pred based on the info they got from the previous movie have no connection?

Man, sometimes you have to wonder who you're talking to, or whether what you're saying is going through, or if you should just give up LOL.

Dude, you could take out the part where they mention Dutch and his team in Predator 2, and it would NOT affect the movie (Predator 2) AT ALL. Keyes could've easily said they heard about this f**king race of aliens from NASA. Hahahaha Christ.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed