Shane Black is doing a SEQUEL!

Started by Lemonade, Jun 25, 2014, 10:17:16 PM

Author
Shane Black is doing a SEQUEL! (Read 191,132 times)

Johnny Utah

YES! Shane Black gets it.

marrerom

marrerom

well, I'm official on-board 100%. I can't wait to see where Shane Black takes this series.

scarhunter92

Officially hyped.

Magegg

Magegg

If you count none of the Predator movies featured the same characters, it doesn't really matter that they say it's a sequel or a reboot  ::)

Lemonade

Lemonade

Quote from: Magegg on Jun 25, 2014, 10:31:48 PM
If you count none of the Predator movies featured the same characters, it doesn't really matter that they say it's a sequel or a reboot  ::)

Exactly, but people were going apeshit so it's nice to hear the actual word "sequel".

SM

SM

They'll still go apeshit because internet.

KiramidHead

I was already excited due to the talent involved, but this just makes things even better. ;D

Lemonade

Lemonade

As I've said before, this news is to the Predator franchise as to Ridley Scott coming back was to the Alien franchise.

SiL

SiL

What was the last Predator movie Black directed?

Lemonade

Lemonade

In terms of prestige.

He's not the Freddy Krueger 5 guy. Nor the Vacancy guy. Nor the Resident Evil guy. Nor special effects guys. He's the Lethal Weapon/Kiss Kiss Bang Bang/Iron Man 3 guy.

Immortan Jonesy

In comparison, the Alien franchise it's a real mythology. The Predator franchise (not counting comics) is just a compilation of random stories IMHO, so I agree; it doesn't really matter if this film will be a reboot or a sequel.

Lemonade

Lemonade

But hey, maybe it can be the start of an arc, instead of these episodic ventures.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Lemonade on Jun 25, 2014, 10:51:22 PM
In terms of prestige.
It wasn't Scott's prestige that made the news of him doing the movie interesting to people, it was the fact he did Alien.

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: Magegg on Jun 25, 2014, 10:31:48 PM
A reboot doesn't preclude being a sequel.  Reboot is just an idiotic buzzword.   In terms of being a sequel or a remake though, that matters.  A sequel can be taken on its own merit, a remake would be competing directly with "the one everyone likes".  This way, he won't have to recast Dutch and Dillon and Blaine, etc

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed