Shane Black To Write and Direct Predator Reboot!

Started by 85, Jun 24, 2014, 07:34:28 PM

Author
Shane Black To Write and Direct Predator Reboot! (Read 91,073 times)

Lemonade

This is going to be huge. We are going to see a Predator movie with a wide scope. I reckon the budget will be at least $80 million. We've never had someone of Shane's caliber behind a Predator movie.

First Blood

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Jun 24, 2014, 08:44:25 PM
Iron man 3 was okay but I love Black's style. Like to see arnie back in some role. f**k rebooting it bit don't do what predators did and remake it

It would be great to see Dutch again. f**k he's doing sequels to everything else at the moment (Terminator, Conan) shame he can't get involved in this.

Ryley Lyons

Ryley Lyons

I think it's about time we saw the Predator home world.

worriors

If they make it, it'll probably be PG13.

Lemonade

Quote from: worriors on Jun 24, 2014, 08:47:35 PM
If they make it, it'll probably be PG13.

Terminator 2 would be PG-13 today sans the language. I think this new Predator reboot is going to focus less on the 'horror' and more on the scifi and action. Kind of like, well, Terminator 2.

RakaiThwei

If this is a reboot, and I mean a TRUE reboot.. Then I f**king welcome it!

Nightmare Asylum

Reboot is such a wishy washy word that I wouldn't even know how to define a "true reboot." Is it set in continuity? Out of continuity? Somewhere ambiguously in the middle???

Ghostface

f**k yeah I'm in

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 24, 2014, 09:06:29 PM
Reboot is such a wishy washy word that I wouldn't even know how to define a "true reboot." Is it set in continuity? Out of continuity? Somewhere ambiguously in the middle???

Continuity is a mess in the Alien-Predator franchises to where it might as well not even be existent.. You have two sequels which are said to be in-continuity with the original two movies. One which a lot of the fandom hates, but few like.. And another which is ambigious to whether or not it's Predator 3 or an alternative Predator 2, yet majority of fans seem to like but few seem to hate.

Either way... I'm hoping it's a reboot that makes something of itself, rather than be a sequel.

Lemonade

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 24, 2014, 09:06:29 PM

Each Predator film might as well be a reboot. They are all separate, self-contained stories.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Lemonade on Jun 24, 2014, 09:14:30 PMEach Predator film might as well be a reboot. They are all separate, self-contained stories.

To be fair, Predator 2 DID reference the events of the original Predator.. and even featured a cameo of Anna in the background. So I wouldn't say that it's entirely a self-contained story.

Lemonade

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jun 24, 2014, 09:15:35 PM
Quote from: Lemonade on Jun 24, 2014, 09:14:30 PMEach Predator film might as well be a reboot. They are all separate, self-contained stories.

To be fair, Predator 2 DID reference the events of the original Predator.. and even featured a cameo of Anna in the background. So I wouldn't say that it's entirely a self-contained story.

Do you regularly watch movies, or know what an arc is? You could take out the picture and the references, that last all of a few seconds and are at the end of the film, and it wouldn't affect the narrative.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Predators was already a reboot since it ignores AVP. I think it will be stupid to start over again when Predators is still recent and fresh on most people's minds.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Lemonade on Jun 24, 2014, 09:19:29 PM
Do you regularly watch movies, or know what an arc is? You could take out the picture and the references, that last all of a few seconds and are at the end of the film, and it wouldn't affect the narrative.

I watch movies, and I also happen to read comic books.. So I know a thing or two about what continuity is. Sure, each of the Predator movies could stand alone but it doesn't change the fact that Predator 2 mentions the events of 1987. And if you count the novelization as being canon with Predator 2, then they do explicitly mention Dutch and what exactly happened to him. So.. technically speaking, it's sort of not really it's own thing.

As for the AvP films and PREDATORS... Those three can stand alone and be their own thing. I can agree with you on that much.

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Jun 24, 2014, 09:21:26 PM
Predators was already a reboot since it ignores AVP. I think it will be stupid to start over again when Predators is still recent and fresh on most people's minds.

Your opinion but I happen to disagree with it. Of course, this news just happened and for all we know.. and I am hoping this is not the case... that we may end up with a sequel instead. I'd prefer a reboot.

Lemonade

Lol you read comic books, and asked me if I counted the novelization as canon. Well I intern for an Oscar-winning producer, and get to do script coverage and accept/reject scripts. I think that's better than reading comic books.

Honestly, y'all should be happy. The dude who directed a big, billion dollar grossing Marvel movie, is taking the reigns of the Predator franchise. This isn't the Nightmare on Elm Street 5 dude. Or the Resident Evil dude. Or special fx guys.

This is SHANE BLACK. Get ready to get rocked.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed