Avp2 Servers

Started by Wolfy, Feb 04, 2007, 04:06:40 PM

Author
Avp2 Servers (Read 11,908 times)

Wolfy

Wolfy

Is there an alternative to simply shutting off your firewall, so that people can join the server (I use zone alarm), I just don't want to leave myself open for attack.

And is there anywhere I can find a list of server commands, I want to set the frag limit to 150 and it won't let me do it in-game.

TY :D

Darkness

Darkness

Quote from: Wolfy on Feb 04, 2007, 04:06:40 PM
Is there an alternative to simply shutting off your firewall, so that people can join the server (I use zone alarm), I just don't want to leave myself open for attack.

You need to make it so that AvP2 can act as a server in ZA. In the newest version, there's a special Game Mode that helps you with this.

Wolfy

Wolfy

Mine isn't newest, my version is 6.5.737.0000 according to product info and there is 7.blah released on website.  Anyway of doing it with this version?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Why don't you just download the update...

Wolfy

Wolfy

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 04, 2007, 05:33:28 PM
Why don't you just download the update...

I tried updating it and it downloaded, installed, restarted and it still says same version in ZA LOL.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

ZA should have like a trusted zone...put AvP2 in there.

Wolfy

Wolfy

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 04, 2007, 05:53:07 PM
ZA should have like a trusted zone...put AvP2 in there.

Doesn't solve the problem, the firewall will not let anonymous connections to a server on my PC, hence it won't appear in server list or even let people connect while its running. So I need a way around it, without disabling it.

Darkness

Darkness

Quote from: Wolfy on Feb 04, 2007, 05:32:06 PM
Mine isn't newest, my version is 6.5.737.0000 according to product info and there is 7.blah released on website.  Anyway of doing it with this version?

Yeah, It's in that version too. You right click on the icon in your taskbar and click Game Mode. If you've tried running the game as a server, the game should be listed in the ZA Program list which you can change. You get a popup question telling you if you want to run it as a server or not.

Wolfy

Wolfy

Quote from: Darkness on Feb 04, 2007, 06:05:35 PM
Quote from: Wolfy on Feb 04, 2007, 05:32:06 PM

Yeah, It's in that version too. You right click on the icon in your taskbar and click Game Mode. If you've tried running the game as a server, the game should be listed in the ZA Program list which you can change. You get a popup question telling you if you want to run it as a server or not.

Ah I see, can't believe I didn'tr try right clicking in the first place.

cheers darky

Wolfy

Wolfy

MEH!,

It's still not working for me, the server refuses to show up in server list

And the server version says 1,0,0,0 if that's the problem (how to update to 1.0.9.6)?

Darkness

Darkness

Updating it wouldn't help your problem but it wouldn't hurt. I don't know. I'm out of ideas. It should work with those settings. If you had ZoneAlarm Pro, you could set up an expert rule to allow it to access a specific port. It works okay without ZA running, then?

Wolfy

Wolfy

Quote from: Darkness on Feb 04, 2007, 07:16:13 PM
Updating it wouldn't help your problem but it wouldn't hurt. I don't know. I'm out of ideas. It should work with those settings. If you had ZoneAlarm Pro, you could set up an expert rule to allow it to access a specific port. It works okay without ZA running, then?

I have ZA pro :D

And I'm just assuming it works without firewall as I've had this problem with hosting servers for a few games, never tried to get a solution before though.

Darkness

Darkness

You don't have a hardware firewall such as a router, do you?

Wolfy

Wolfy

Ah, Yes I do have a router unfortunately, it belongs to my brother as it sends wireless internet to his latop.  I don't have a login to change settings for it, but I do have admin on comp if that comes in handy.

Darkness

Darkness

Then, that's your problem.

You need to sort your router out to allow it to accept connections from whatever port you're using in your games.

My router contains profiles for lots of games and apps in the settings. It's pretty easy to change.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed