Guy Pearce would be open to returning as Weyland

Started by Lemonade, Jun 18, 2014, 07:38:47 PM

Author
Guy Pearce would be open to returning as Weyland (Read 24,281 times)

Ghostface

I feel the same way about the cave discovery, as it's literally described and explained again 5 mins later.

Kimarhi

The cave painting was bullshit anyways.

How can you divulge translated alien mathematical measurements from a cave painting. 

That nigga could've been teaching early humans how to play basketball for all Shaw and Holloway knew.  That was Paul Anderson lame. 

Lemonade

Yeah, I really don't like the cave scene. I just want to get to space by that point!

BringbackJonesy!

Lemonade, if you google 'fan edits' then you'll find out what's available out there.  You'll need to dig around a little, but they are available to download.

Here's the trailer for Agent 9's version - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEGJFGIPQ7c

SM

SM

QuoteYeah, I really don't like the cave scene. I just want to get to space by that point!

That seven minutes must've been terrible.  Did you live?

Quote from: Ghostface on Jun 21, 2014, 04:31:11 AM
I feel the same way about the cave discovery, as it's literally described and explained again 5 mins later.

No, it isn't.  We see the painting and get a few hints, then Charlie and Elly explain it after they wake up.  It's pretty important to the story. Unlike the TED talk which develops a character who's barely in the film.

Lemonade

Quote from: BringbackJonesy! on Jun 21, 2014, 10:31:53 AM
Lemonade, if you google 'fan edits' then you'll find out what's available out there.  You'll need to dig around a little, but they are available to download.

Here's the trailer for Agent 9's version - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEGJFGIPQ7c

Ugh. I've tried everywhere, and can't find one anywhere. I need a direct link.

OpenMaw

I'll send you a PM shortly Lemonade. The fan edit has some good ideas, some of the reinserted scenes are great for the characters, a few of the musical cues are horribly balanced and unneeded. (In particular a usage of JG's Alien theme that plays when Janek finds the Juggernaut... Oi. Not fitting at all.)

As far as the TED talk, I think it works in the context of what the fan edit was trying to do. it moves the focus more towards Weyland/Vickers. Guy Pearce's presence is much heftier, as is Idris Elba.

And yeah, the Cave scene is redundant. It's not in the fan-edit, and you don't miss it's absence.  :)

worldpeace

Quote from: Ghostface on Jun 20, 2014, 09:11:53 AM
He was also the star of Bad Grandpa
thought that was mark maron ?

HuDaFuK

I'll never understand casting Pierce as Weyland. Did they really cast a young guy, then encase him in old-man prosthetic makeup (which always looks fake, no matter how good it is), just so he could appear as himself in some promo scene that isn't even in the actual film? Why the hell didn't they just cast an older actor?

SM

Pretty sure there were scenes of a younger Weyland at the time Pearce was cast.

Ghostface

When David is talking to Weyland in cryosleep there was a scene of a younger Weyland on a yacht telling David to try harder. I love Pierce but I still think it was a poor decision.

Spoonman101

Ahh, there are some actors that have pulled it off convincingly.
As for this guy "Pierce" having him return is likely going to have it in flashbacks or as an android. Almost too predictable...

ChrisPachi

Put Guy in it, starve him and let his beard grow out and you've got movie f**king GOLD.

The man is a force of nature.

With a beard.

markweatherill

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jun 19, 2014, 10:41:45 AM
Maybe when the Juggernaut crashed some of the jars containing the black goo cracked and weylands dead body rolled into it.

...revived super-Weyland meets up with the Deacon...

Gash

Could work as flashbacks if David is talking to Shaw about his own inception, or about what was going on behind the prometheus mission.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed