Nimrod Antal spoke to Ridley Scott about PROMETHEUS: HELL ON EARTH?

Started by CainsSon, Jun 10, 2014, 05:49:43 AM

Author
Nimrod Antal spoke to Ridley Scott about PROMETHEUS: HELL ON EARTH? (Read 7,733 times)

Lemonade

A lot of those ideas eventually made their way into Prometheus, yes?

SiL

SiL

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 15, 2014, 04:33:15 AM
He has said it on many occasions that he wanted to do a three hour version,
Could ya find one?

EDIT

I've found one so far where he says the pyramid would've been wonderful in a three hour version, not that he wanted to do a three hour version.

whiterabbit

Well whatever the hell it was at the end of Prometheus I think we pretty much got an alien in the movie. Or is the deacon going to be one of them inside jokes and we never see him again until 30 years later. ala just like the space jockey from alien.

I can see Ridley at 100 years old trying to reboot the reboot by saying you know that thing at the end of Prometheus, the deacon, what was that guys story? How come no one ever asked what was going on there. It baffles the mind.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jun 15, 2014, 09:07:51 AMI can see Ridley at 100 years old trying to reboot the reboot by saying you know that thing at the end of Prometheus, the deacon, what was that guys story? How come no one ever asked what was going on there.

... Anyone? Hello? Nurse?

Nobody will be asking that question in 30 years. They will still be asking what the Space Jockey was about.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

But no-one ever asked what the Space Jockey was about. All that hard work by Giger, Scott and everyone who worked on Mr. Jockey and no one gives a shit.  :'(

Quote from: Ridley Scott"Well Prometheus evolved from,  I made a film almost thirty years ago, er called Alien and er, and the end of having finished Alien, I was always concerned about the fact that in the story, Tom Skerrit had brought up a question, who is this creature, how did he die and what was this device he was sitting in. We we never answered the question during the actual film itself. I was always concerned about it would raise its head, people would say what was that, they never did."

whiterabbit

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Jun 17, 2014, 01:57:10 PM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Jun 15, 2014, 09:07:51 AMI can see Ridley at 100 years old trying to reboot the reboot by saying you know that thing at the end of Prometheus, the deacon, what was that guys story? How come no one ever asked what was going on there.

... Anyone? Hello? Nurse?

Nobody will be asking that question in 30 years. They will still be asking what the Space Jockey was about.
He's people. Deal with it. :P

SM

No, he's an Lovecraftian Eldritch Space God (TM), who the Engineers worship!!!  The Jockey is 30' tall and the Engineer is only 6'6"!!!  This proves that Engineers aren't Jockies!!!11!!1

whiterabbit

worldpeace

nice comparison . well played .

ChrisPachi

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jun 18, 2014, 06:20:31 AMHe's people. Deal with it. :P

Duh.

QuoteNo, he's an Lovecraftian Eldritch Space God (TM), who the Engineers worship!!!  The Jockey is 30' tall and the Engineer is only 6'6"!!!  This proves that Engineers aren't Jockies!!!11!!1

You're still talking about the Space Jockey.

Infected

Quote from: SM on Jun 18, 2014, 08:45:57 AM
No, he's an Lovecraftian Eldritch Space God (TM), who the Engineers worship!!!  The Jockey is 30' tall and the Engineer is only 6'6"!!!  This proves that Engineers aren't Jockies!!!11!!1
And besides that, the jockeys looked like elephants and the engineer suit looks like sheit.

OpenMaw

Quote from: SiL on Jun 15, 2014, 05:49:12 AM
Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 15, 2014, 04:33:15 AM
He has said it on many occasions that he wanted to do a three hour version,
Could ya find one?

EDIT

I've found one so far where he says the pyramid would've been wonderful in a three hour version, not that he wanted to do a three hour version.

This one goes to you SiL, as I went digging and could not find what my brain was telling me to look for. It wasn't that pyramid remark, but I can't find it. Bleh. I thought I read it over on Strange Shapes, but the only one there is his reference to the Pyramid scenes.

SM

Quote from: Infected on Jun 22, 2014, 03:07:11 PM
Quote from: SM on Jun 18, 2014, 08:45:57 AM
And besides that, the jockeys looked like elephants and the engineer suit looks like sheit.

Yeah with liek tusks and big ears and everything lololololol

worldpeace

the tital of this thread makes no sense. why?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed