Nimrod Antal spoke to Ridley Scott about PROMETHEUS: HELL ON EARTH?

Started by CainsSon, Jun 10, 2014, 05:49:43 AM

Author
Nimrod Antal spoke to Ridley Scott about PROMETHEUS: HELL ON EARTH? (Read 7,773 times)

CainsSon

CainsSon

Take this with a grain of salt. This site claims, Nimrod Antal allegedly spoke with Ridley Scott about the direction PROMETHEUS 2 will head in. He claims Ridley wasn't too happy with the story of Prometheus, but accepted the sequel nonetheless. However, P2 will not head to the Engineers planet as expected, but instead involve human characters, on Earth, responding to Shaw and David sending signals on board the Juggernaut/Derelict to Earth, with Weyland's team, attempting to destroy that ship before it reaches Earth... Threatening us with the Black-Goo, perhps? Presumably to 'evolve' us? The horror of which, no doubt, will be what the new, military, 'female lead' has to endure, after she (allegedly) takes over when Shaw dies, midway through the film. So will we will get to experience those transformations first hand on their mission, as an audience? That would likely be more 'ALIEN-ey' as previous reported... Antal also says it will be a third film that finally reveals the Engineers homeworld. Could this female, military lead be the part Cate Blanchett is also ALLEGEDLY in talks to take on?

WORKING TITLE - PROMETHEUS: HELL ON EARTH

Again,... grain of salt.

This is rumor control. There are NO FACTS.

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/06/06/prometheus-2-paradise-or-the-end-of-mankind-1474683

If this should be true, I think this sounds in line with what an Alien/Prometheus film should be, mostly because I think in order for them to work, something must go wrong on these missions that retains the truth from reaching Earth while also keeping things vague regarding the companies intentions during the Alien cycle of films. This type of story sounds like it provides an opportunity to return to the body horror and action aspects, hopefully adding some new things to the creatures, while also developing some Company characters and provoking the whole 'Is the Company more interested in saving Earth from this threat or retaining patents and keeping the competition from getting a leg up?' Which is something, I think, Ridley's films are very interested in, and we should see more of, because its one of the most relevant aspects of the Alien series.

Master

I`ll wait and see. As for now I have no expectations towards Prom2.

Blacklabel

The source of this Nimrod antall story comes from a comment made on another movie site... supposedly made by a journalist friend of Antall....

yeah seems like shit, smells like shit.. probably is shit.  ;D

oduodu

oduodu

http://www.empireonline.com/interviews/interview.asp?IID=1563

This interview shows that the push to remove the xeno came  very high up at fox and may not have been ridley's idea.

http://www.tgdaily.com/entertainment/66733-what-went-wrong-behind-the-scenes-of-prometheus

This article claims the same .

I dunno - perhaps prometheus isn't exactly what ridley wanted.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Tom Rothman was CEO of FOX film studio division at the time. He used to be pretty "hands on" with managing franchises to the point of annoying cast and directors. Might've been him.

He was the guy that said that the Sentinels should never be in XMEN films because "giant robots are teh sillyz"...
of course there was a film this year that finally had Sentinels and it ended up being the best reviewed XMEN film so far... so i guess Rothman was right.

He also didnt buy Transformers for FOX based on the same reasons... essentially dumping a billion dollar franchise. :P lolz. Nice business skillz.

Lemonade

Lemonade

Quote from: oduodu on Jun 10, 2014, 03:22:57 PM

This interview shows that the push to remove the xeno came  very high up at fox and may not have been ridley's idea.

http://www.tgdaily.com/entertainment/66733-what-went-wrong-behind-the-scenes-of-prometheus

Ridley didn't want xenos either.

Lol at the second article. "What went wrong?" Nothing went wrong, Ridley told Damon what he wanted and got what he wanted.

Darkness

The bit about Nimrod Antal is rubbish. The Hell on Earth story came from here: http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/03/25/prometheus-2-sequel-alien-david/

In the comments, there is a supposed Swedish journalist who posted it in March.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Lemonade on Jun 10, 2014, 06:44:27 PM

Lol at the second article. "What went wrong?" Nothing went wrong, Ridley told Damon what he wanted and got what he wanted.

"Ridley Scott: Well Prometheus evolved from,  I made a film almost thirty years ago, er called Alien and er, and the end of having finished Alien, I was always concerned about the fact that in the story, Tom Skerrit had brought up a question, who is this creature, how did he die and what was this device he was sitting in. We we never answered the question during the actual film itself. I was always concerned about it would raise its head, people would say what was that, they never did and then I watched 2, 3 and 4 get made, then I watched, I think I couldn't really watch, was it Alien vs Predator, but it was never raised, and erm, so I brought it up about er, four years ago to Fox, Tom Rothman, I said you know what,we can open the door here and have a whole new universe which will give life to this genre, erm, although I think the Alien itself is now dead and gone, wrung dry, I think we can open up to a new universe, new doors, new experiences and specifically asking some more significant questions which of course occur in the film."

Mark Kermode, BBC Radio 5

Lemonade

Yes I know, and your point?

oduodu

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jun 10, 2014, 07:15:17 PM
Quote from: Lemonade on Jun 10, 2014, 06:44:27 PM

"Ridley Scott: Well Prometheus evolved from,  I made a film almost thirty years ago, er called Alien and er, and the end of having finished Alien, I was always concerned about the fact that in the story, Tom Skerrit had brought up a question, who is this creature, how did he die and what was this device he was sitting in. We we never answered the question during the actual film itself. I was always concerned about it would raise its head, people would say what was that, they never did and then I watched 2, 3 and 4 get made, then I watched, I think I couldn't really watch, was it Alien vs Predator, but it was never raised, and erm, so I brought it up about er, four years ago to Fox, Tom Rothman, I said you know what,we can open the door here and have a whole new universe which will give life to this genre, erm, although I think the Alien itself is now dead and gone, wrung dry, I think we can open up to a new universe, new doors, new experiences and specifically asking some more significant questions which of course occur in the film."

Mark Kermode, BBC Radio 5

Thanks for the quote. That was the first time I actually heard ridley say that.

So why was he discussing 8 different kind of alien eggs with jon spaihts and only after 8 drafts did they decide to hire lindeloff to cut the xenomorph out and why was ridley so excited about spaihts initial ideas that he decided to direct and not produce ??

Lemonade

Because Ridley was interested in the engineers/space jockeys, and the fact that they had a hand in humanity's creation. He figured the studio would want the xenomorphs, he was never really interested in them. He actually thinks the facehugger looks quite silly.

It was only until Damon was like "hey, you don't need the xenomorphs" that Fox and Scott were like "ohhh yeah!"

oduodu

Ok.

Why did ridley not know right from the start what the studio wanted ?? Why 8 drafts ??

Lemonade

They all wanted an Alien prequel. Damon planted in their mind to not do one. Ridley sought out Damon because he felt Jon's draft "needed work". And one of the first things he said to Damon was "it feels too close to Alien".

oduodu

oduodu

Lemonade

Are you sure that he whole removal thing came from damon??

That's interesting.

You mean to say that both fox and ridley was going the prequel route and he was the source of cutting the xeno ??

Look I agree that cutting the xeno and facehuggers were a good idea.

Ridley always wanted to explore the xeno.s home world or place of origin as well as the civilisation that created them. Prometheus is going that way and that's why it and alien must connect so that we can ultimately solve those issues albeit in an ambiguous way.

My real question is :

Is the prometheus we got absolutely the movie ridley wanted ??

Why were so many of the scenes in prometheus cut out of the order they were written in the scripts ? And others completely lost their meaning.

For example:

In one of the drafts one of the engineers committed suicide by deliberately decapitated his head by allowing one of the iris doors to close around his head and not by accident like in prometheus.. It seems he was infected. This scene was much later in the script and it happened much later in proceedings.

Then the add stuff like the murals and green stone and head at seemingly a much later stage ?

In none of the drafts did anyone remove their helmets until weyland and his crew were in the jugg to wake the engineer.

It just seems some scenes were changed to be put out of logical order and the meaning changed and elelments added simply to make the movie over ambiguous.

Was this ridleys idea or fox's ?? Or both ??

It just seems like someone did like they did with alien. The shooting script had no sj inside the derelict (it was fossilised outside in the rock)  and then they just moved the is inside etc at a very late stage.

Its like they went overboard on this in prometheus. I am no saying its bad

BUT

Was all this ridleys ideas ?

That's what I want to know.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed