Prometheus 2 Shooting in Australia?

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 22, 2014, 01:39:28 PM

Author
Prometheus 2 Shooting in Australia? (Read 20,458 times)

Corporal Hicks

According to the Daily Mail, Sir Ridley Scott has arrived in Australia to scout for locations for the upcoming Prometheus 2:

“‘It’s the best kept secret at the moment, that Ridley is here to film the Prometheus sequel,’ an insider told the MailOnline. The source said he and several other well-placed professionals only became aware of the project when Scott touched ground at Sydney airport on Wednesday, with pre-production remaining tight-lipped. “

Thanks to Michael Scola for the e-mail.

Gazz

Gazz

I don't know. The mail aren't all that reliable and the Australian outback seems like it could provide a solid location for The Martian (The other Ridley Scott/ Fox sci-fi film) but I'll remain hopeful it's a Prometheus sequel. Fox are certainly keen to get it going. 

Blacklabel

I dunno about it being for the martian... Ridley was just in negotiations to direct that film. It was never confirmed if he got the gig or not.

Then again... lolz Daily Mail.

Blacklabel

When you have two tabloids giving contradictory info....

they just dont really know what the location scouting is for.  :laugh:

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

And Blade Runner 2!  ::)  :laugh:

Quote from: Daily MailRumour has it that Scott is looking at a multi-picture agreement with Screen Australia to also film Blade Runner 2 in Australia some time in early 2015.

Blacklabel

It could even be reshoots for Exodus, for all we know.  :laugh:

Xenomorphine

Australian scenery is much more likely to stand in for Martian soil.

Blacklabel

Straya!

We can send Rong and Sil to spy on the set.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Xenomorphine on May 22, 2014, 07:07:11 PM
Australian scenery is much more likely to stand in for Martian soil.

Agreed, many areas in the interior (AKA "the Red Centre") have a distinctly reddish colored type of soil rarely seen in other deserts. If NASA ever wanted to fake a manned Martian landing Straya would be the place to do it.

Even though Martian soil isn't really that red in reality - but you know public perception...

SiL

SiL

Wouldn't be the first time Australia's stood in for Mars.

acrediblesource

Hrm... After seeing Last days of Mars and Mission to Mars... I can't really see The Martian as something interesting enough to grab your attention.   I bet Ridley Scott is  scratching his noggin with P2 so close in the schedule for filming.
Are they planning to merge the two stories? That be interesting.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

It could be for the Weyland colony on Mars or maybe the home planet of the Engineers has reddish landscapes, who knows :P

FiorinaFury161

SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!

worldpeace

worldpeace

i like the mars idea ... since we see mars behind weylands hologram it would be cool to see some of p2 set on mars. theoretically it could also shorten the trip for any search parties if they left from mars instead of earth.  im excited to see some landscape shots from helicopters if the film starts with similar opening credits. my guess is australia wont be the main location for the film.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed