H.R Giger Has passed.

Started by draken161, May 13, 2014, 08:04:03 AM

Author
H.R Giger Has passed. (Read 34,860 times)

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

A true visionary of the artistic community, who Hollywood never truly managed to utilise properly - or even with professional respect.

He may have given nightmares to generations, but here's hoping that whatever awaits in the afterlife is much more peaceful for him than the troubled dreamscapes which informed his work. That he's now in a happier place with Li and others who passed before him...

We have witnessed the passing of a legend.

SM

SM

An Oscar is fairly respectful.

DemonicD13

DemonicD13

God damn that sucks so hard.

I've been planning a trip to go to his museum and bar. I wish I could have gotten there while he was still with us. I will have to visit his grave.

chrisr232007

chrisr232007

RIP your work was truly amazing and you will be missed.

Agent

Agent

An unique and genius mind. He gave us so much.
May he rest in peace...

integer3

integer3

This is a truly tragic day for all alien fans everywhere. Now a moment of silence for one of the greatest artist that ever lived.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Very sad news. He was truly one of a kind.

RIP.

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Damn.

Your art will always be immortalized in the amazing movie ALIEN.

Rest in peace, H.R. Giger. You will be missed.

nostromo mechanic

nostromo mechanic

Stunned here . . . totally stunned. Earlier today I was admiring his work on a Google image search for the umpteenth time (even though I've already owned Necronomican I & II forever) and I happened to catch this depressing headline. All I could think of was "no, no, no". The man that was absolutely, without doubt THE most important figure in the "Alien" universe has left this place and I'm sad that there will be no more new nightmares for the fans he left behind.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I'm pretty stunned here as well. I love his work, his Space Jockey artwork is hands down my favorite thing he's done. He was truly one of a kind - other people have mimicked his style over the years, but only he could truly do what he did.

RIP.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Emerson Lake and Palmer's Brain Salad Surgery's LP cover was done by him too. Legendary album with artwork that is just as good as the music!

Vermillion

Vermillion

Brilliant visionary.  Sad.

Kronnang_Dunn

Kronnang_Dunn

Never in the history of modern fantasy art had ever been such great, genius, magnificent and mad creator... (well, perhaps DalĂ­ too).

Rest in biomechanoid heaven, dear master...  :'(

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

https://twitter.com/andrewrjuhl/status/466252325733281792/photo/1

And in light of today's reveal of the new costume, an ironic reminder of Giger's Batmobile design is included in this recent(ish) interview:

http://www.vice.com/read/hr-giger-works-weekends

"I had to sell several paintings to pay for the castle. That was shit." :laugh:

worldpeace

worldpeace

patton oswalt tweets. on giger.

"Hey, why are the Pearly Gates suddenly made from bio-mechanical alien penises?" 

.. hope he's free from depression and torment . rip :'( :-* :-[

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed