H.R Giger Has passed.

Started by draken161, May 13, 2014, 08:04:03 AM

Author
H.R Giger Has passed. (Read 35,303 times)

Gate

Gate

Man, I haven't been this sad over movie deaths since Stan Winston passed away. :(

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

We all have been witnesses to his art and designs, another great artist gone. RIP HR.

C91_SJ

C91_SJ

I was so shocked when I stumbled over the "recently passed persons" section on wiki today and saw Giger's name there. Sad day in Alien history but his work will never be forgotten and will live on.

R.I.P. Meister Giger

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

You will always be my inspiration in art Hans Reudi Giger.

Inverse Effect

Inverse Effect

Ohhhh my f**king god........ Noo.... No! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

RIP Giger. You created the best creature ever that has haunted our nightmares for generations..

Elicas

Elicas

Commemorate his genius by watching this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPZaNlYX2vk#t=11

aliennaire

aliennaire

In the moments like this it feels as though the world around is closing in, becoming smaller and devastated place...

Master of Dark Art, rest in peace, your oeuvre will live on with us,
Thank you for your nightmares!..

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

I recall him jokingly saying (paraphrased): "My poor mum would always ask me, 'why can't you paint a nice bowl of fruit?'".

Clear skies, Herr Giger, and thank you for doing things your way.

Hemi

Hemi

Sad day indeed....

Give Li a big hug up there Hans, you haven't seen her in a long time.  :'(

StayFrosty

StayFrosty

R.I.P.

I was just going to post the other day that H.R. Giger IS GOD. That is because to me, the Alien and the Queen are the most beautiful and intricate animal designs in nature, even if they aren't real. They actually beat real animals that actually exist. The aliens are far more interesting than anything in nature, and I thank H.R. Giger for giving me the Xenomorph for me to obsess over. Without Giger, there would have been no Alien movies.

locusta

locusta

That was like I saw it the first time 1986  :'(

BringbackJonesy!

BringbackJonesy!

Such bad news to hear today.

Giger's work on the ALIEN movie, such as the 'derelict' craft and it's interiors, along with the 'spacejockey' set and adult alien design were what gave it it's memorably nightmarish feel.  They still remain the highest benchmark for 'otherworldly' production design as far as I'm concerned, and I'll never forget the unsettling vibe of my first big-screen viewing of them.

Sadly, Ridley's PROMETHEUS was Giger-'lite' when it came to it's overall designs, and I'd really been hoping for a lot more of Giger's actual involvement on the forthcoming follow-up...  Too bad, alas.

He was a true talent with a unique art style, and I just wish he'd been asked to get involved in a lot more movies during his lifetime.   

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Quote from: Elicas on May 13, 2014, 09:44:09 PM
Commemorate his genius by watching this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPZaNlYX2vk#t=11

26 minutes in, this man's work still enchants me.

PredalienXenomorph

PredalienXenomorph

I heard this first from an XBOX live friend, I checked here to be sure. The mad genius behind the Alien design is gone and strangely enough the world is darker without him. His legacy will live forever, may he rest in peace.

p1nk81cd

p1nk81cd

Another great and talented man is gone from our world...

Abschied, bis wir uns wieder treffen, Hans Rudolf Giger  :'(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed