More "Fire and Stone" Previews

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 04, 2014, 03:55:23 PM

Author
More "Fire and Stone" Previews (Read 42,498 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Comic Book Resources have posted up several preview pages from Dark Horses’s upcoming Alien, Predator and Alien vs Predator series (titled “Fire and Stone”):

Aliens vs. Predator interior drawn by Ariel Olivetti Alien: Covenant: One Year Later - AvP Galaxy Podcast #68

Aliens vs. Predator interior drawn by Ariel Olivetti

“The “Fire and Stone” line will include five books in total, with the fifth still unrevealed. “Prometheus” will be written by Paul Tobin, with art from Juan Ferreyra. “Prometheus” #1 is set for release on Sept. 10, with subsequent series then launching biweekly in this order: “Aliens,” “Alien vs. Predator” and “Predator.”

Comic Book Resources also have the un-coloured interiors by Patrick Reynolds for Aliens and Chris Mooneyham for Predator, making for 12 pages of Aliens/vs/Predator preview goodness. Thanks to Ultramorph for the news.

The Runner

The Runner

lololol 5 foot tall aliens.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Quote from: The Runner on May 04, 2014, 08:44:25 PM
lololol 5 foot tall aliens.

With flat heads...

Disgusting.

windebieste

windebieste

Sssooooo... 

Based on the strength of this image:

when are we going to see some 'ALIENS ATTACKS!' trading cards get released?

Huh?
Huh?
Huh?
Huh?
Huh..?

-Windebieste.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Shame, this series had so much promise.

Looks like I'll only be picking up Prometheus, if that.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

:-\

The Dutch Ghost

The Dutch Ghost

Hello all,

I am a big comic book fan and have read several Aliens comics in the past, but I gave up on them as they tried to be much like the second movie instead of good story telling.
Sadly from that one drawing it seems the new line of Aliens comics are more of that.

Really a shame :(

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

Good grief! These are some of the smallest Aliens yet! :o :-\

Jango1201

Jango1201

I have lost all faith in AVP comics. It feels like the mindset is as long as something that looks like an Alien or Predator is shown in a comic, it will pass fan standards. After all, it is only a comic.  ::) Dam shame.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Quote from: Jango1201 on May 05, 2014, 01:10:20 AM
I have lost all faith in AVP comics. It feels like the mindset is as long as something that looks like an Alien or Predator is shown in a comic, it will pass fan standards. After all, it is only a comic.  ::) Dam shame.

Yeah!

Wtf is with the Aliens.

Someone should tell the writers that even the hardcore devoted fans won't be picking these up until some drastic design changes are made, we don't want stunted shitty Aliens.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Eh, for me, all that matters is that the aliens look biomechanical, and not like some formless oil slick as we've seen so any times.

Also worth pointing out that we don't know for sure that those are regular Xenos. They could be smaller, Deacon-related aliens like what we saw on that Palumbo cover.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Erik Lehnsherr on May 05, 2014, 01:12:37 AM
Someone should tell the writers that even the hardcore devoted fans won't be picking these up until some drastic design changes are made, we don't want stunted shitty Aliens.

I doubt that they would change the designs and size of the Aliens.. But then again, I could be wrong about that since they have changed the artwork on some of the covers. So I suppose it's not outside the realm of possibility in changing the artwork.

Not sure how far they are in the creative process in all of this though.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Look if they lose their main audience they basically have nothing as it's essentially coming in fresh.
Replacing SW.

If the reviews are good I'll get a set but this has turned me off buying them monthly.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Erik Lehnsherr on May 05, 2014, 01:43:46 AM
Look if they lose their main audience they basically have nothing as it's essentially coming in fresh.
Replacing SW.

I wouldn't say that Alien-Predator is the only thing which is being put out to replace Star Wars. And I doubt that Alien, Predator and Prometheus would be on-going anyways where as Star Wars was on-going (I think even DeConnick said it wasn't going to be on-going).

Dark Horse going to be focusing more on creator owned projects and developing more superhero titles, this is likely to cover the gap which Star Wars is leaving behind.

happypred

happypred

Juvenile aliens perhaps? Aliens bred from a smaller host species? I mean...let's not assume the worst right off the bat

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed