User Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: How Scary is Alien Isolation? [IGN Gameplay Footat...  (Read 22394 times)

The Eighth Passenger
Apr 29, 2014, 03:46:55 PM
Reply #75 on: Apr 29, 2014, 03:46:55 PM
Q
looked a bit dull when the alien walked right by her and not seeing her at all

Alien hadn't finished counting to 20 yet.

For some people the demo was hard enough. I imagine that's why.

Apparently one of the developers from CA said of the 3100 people that played the demo at EGX Rezzed only 15 managed to complete it without dying at least once.

I never heard that the games are supposed to be completed in one go without dying and I am playing games for 20 years. This is very poor excuse really.

This was just one level though, not a whole game. Besides you know how ridiculously easy and dumbed-down most games are nowadays.

Corporal Hicks
Apr 29, 2014, 06:12:20 PM
Reply #76 on: Apr 29, 2014, 06:12:20 PM
Q

Apparently one of the developers from CA said of the 3100 people that played the demo at EGX Rezzed only 15 managed to complete it without dying at least once.

Proud to say Shevvie and I were amongst those few.

Xenoscream
Apr 29, 2014, 08:11:32 PM
Reply #79 on: Apr 29, 2014, 08:11:32 PM
Q
I don't know about you guys but I can't wait to start collecting gel.  ;)

NickisSmart
Apr 29, 2014, 08:37:23 PM
Reply #80 on: Apr 29, 2014, 08:37:23 PM
Q

Proud to say Shevvie and I were amongst those few.

Even so, did you ever feel safe or in control, Corporal?

piff
Apr 30, 2014, 04:33:22 PM
Reply #81 on: Apr 30, 2014, 04:33:22 PM
Q
The more I see of this game, the less impressed I get. The male voiceover telling you what to do is horrible and shows that the game is another linear "go here, do that, press this" game that doesn't let the player figure things out on their own. The alien is crouching like a raptor and is wandering around completely blind.. The environments are great though!

lets get real, its a linear point and click game, that will fail...sure, the environment looks good, its still a boring point and click

NickisSmart
Apr 30, 2014, 04:49:24 PM
Reply #82 on: Apr 30, 2014, 04:49:24 PM
Q
It depends. Some people love Myst and you don't get much more point and click than that game. Alien is about immersion and helplessness in an isolated environment against an indestructible foe. If it gets this right, it will have a following. Fail is too strong a word you're using. Perhaps, "won't appeal to everyone" is more accurate? Aliens fans will hate it, obviously but that's no surprise.

Erik Lehnsherr
Apr 30, 2014, 04:50:05 PM
Reply #83 on: Apr 30, 2014, 04:50:05 PM
Q
The more I see of this game, the less impressed I get. The male voiceover telling you what to do is horrible and shows that the game is another linear "go here, do that, press this" game that doesn't let the player figure things out on their own. The alien is crouching like a raptor and is wandering around completely blind.. The environments are great though!

lets get real, its a linear point and click game, that will fail...sure, the environment looks good, its still a boring point and click

Pffffft...

Only a moron would make that kind of generalisation.

piff
Apr 30, 2014, 08:57:53 PM
Reply #84 on: Apr 30, 2014, 08:57:53 PM
Q

Pffffft...

Only a moron would make that kind of generalisation.

no I made this observation when I realised the human was "hiding" from the alien.... most interactions with the environment will be linear. Once you find all the hiding spots, because this is what you will be doing most of the time...hiding.... Anytime sega has their grubby little hands on a aliens game, it will fail.

Erik Lehnsherr
Apr 30, 2014, 09:02:04 PM
Reply #85 on: Apr 30, 2014, 09:02:04 PM
Q
No you made the point it would be boring because of that, and you're dead wrong.
It could be incredibly interesting, like The Last Of Us, or The Witcher.

Don't be so prejudice.

If you need multiplayer to make a game interesting then you're brain-dead.

xeno-kaname
Apr 30, 2014, 11:17:00 PM
Reply #86 on: Apr 30, 2014, 11:17:00 PM
Q

Lol wat

Facebook Twitter Instagram Steam RSS Feed