Prometheus 2 set for March 4th 2016

Started by Gazz, Mar 24, 2014, 10:33:49 PM

Author
Prometheus 2 set for March 4th 2016 (Read 110,620 times)

Kimarhi

The writing made Prometheus bad.  Ridley just didn't realize it or care at the time and tried to go all visual on us.  Hopefully somebody is in his ear this time about how mediocre the first story was.

Ultramorph

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 25, 2014, 12:12:14 AM
Quote from: Ultramorph on Mar 25, 2014, 12:08:28 AM
I don't even want to know how multiple Davids is possible with the material established at the end of the first movie, unless this turns into some kind of psychedelic black goo trip.  :laugh:

Well, the article doesn't mention a return of Shaw. Maybe the sequel could be a rescue mission of some sort, with multiple Davids on board whatever the new ship is.

Could be that they will meet up with Shaw and David's head later in the film, or have two stories running concurrently. Hell, maybe they won't bring Shaw back until a third movie.

That's a distinct possibility. Honestly, the whole "alien-y" thing is good with me. As much as I liked the idea of the series tangentializing away from Alien with the sequels, if they wind up deciding to keep more of those roots, as a fan, I'm more than cool with it.

I'm taking this news with a huge grain of salt until confirmed otherwise, though. It's too close to April 1 for me to do otherwise. Remember the "announcement" last April that we'd see a facehugger facegug David and GOD?

Nightmare Asylum

Aye. Could just be a case of ol'Riddles taking advantage of him, too. Maybe he doesn't say no and Ridley likes that :P

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

I just hope that although Ridley may not be interested in the xenomorph and Giger-like landscapes, practically all of the rest of the world is - and I hope he gets that this time round. Despite the first film's multiple flaws, the biggest one of all was that people wanted an Alien Prequel, and they got one, just without the Alien in it. That was why people were disappointed.

*And as for multiple Davids, I'd buy that notion simply because Fassbender is too big a box office draw to simply have round as a decapitated head for the duration of the movie.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Mar 25, 2014, 12:20:17 AM
I just hope that although Ridley may not be interested in the xenomorph and Giger-like landscapes, practically all of the rest of the world is - and I hope he gets that this time round. Despite the first film's multiple flaws, the biggest one of all was that people wanted an Alien Prequel, and they got one, just without the Alien in it. That was why people were disappointed.

Nah, in my opinion moving away from the Alien was a fantastic move. It was the below-average script, terrible editing/pacing in the second half, and (to some) the uprooting of Alien's main themes that caused the major problems.

Kimarhi

I don't know if I don't or do like the move away from Alien.  I know I don't like the pansy ass rehash though.  If its going to be an influence come strong with it.

TheBATMAN

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 25, 2014, 12:24:51 AM
Quote from: TheBATMAN on Mar 25, 2014, 12:20:17 AM

Nah, in my opinion moving away from the Alien was a fantastic move. It was the below-average script, terrible editing/pacing in the second half, and (to some) the uprooting of Alien's main themes that caused the major problems.

Sure, there's certainly a significant contingent who believe that. But from a global audience point of view, you get told an Alien Prequel is being made by Ridley Scott, you expect to see the Alien again, or at least some variant of it (Deacon's 5 second cameo doesn't count). That's where the box office draw is. But instead you get a prequel with no alien, leaving the majority confused and disappointed. That was the fundamental mistake with the first one.

Would the hype have been there in the first place if Prometheus wasn't set in the Alien universe? The Engineers could have been a completely original creation for a new universe and franchise. People would have said, yeah pretty good but flawed. But hell, having seen this I sure wish Ridley would return to Alien...

Gazz

Gazz

Quote from: Kimarhi on Mar 25, 2014, 12:05:45 AM
Part of me says a guy should get a chance to progress as a writer.

The other part of me says he should do it on somebody else's movie.

Pretty much exactly this.

Ridley Scott certainly likes him but then he also liked Lindelof and his script was close to unreadable (though a step in the right direction in my opinion).

DaddyYautja

They are confident to go for a sequel?
I hope that they know that the first's movie intake was mostly base on Scott and Alien.

SM

SM

They've been confident to go for a sequel since the first one did well critically and financially.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: SM on Mar 25, 2014, 01:19:12 AM
They've been confident to go for a sequel since the first one did well critically and financially.

Didn't Scott sign on to do a trilogy?

SM

SM

Don't think so.  I think he said there was enough ideas to support a couple more films.

Nightmare Asylum

And I know the Alien prequel—back when it was an Alien prequel—was slated to be two films.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

We should probably take all this with a grain of salt, especially if the film really is set for March 2016. A lot of stuff was swirling around about Prometheus two years before it came out that proved to be untrue. I hope that's the case with "multiple Davids." That's taking "give the people what they want" to an idiotic extreme.

SM

SM

I woulda thought pre-judging without any kind of context would be an idiotic extreme.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed