Prometheus 2 set for March 4th 2016

Started by Gazz, Mar 24, 2014, 10:33:49 PM

Author
Prometheus 2 set for March 4th 2016 (Read 111,110 times)

Shasvre

I welcome a sequel. The first movie, while flawed, had some nice things going for it. :)

szkoki

szkoki

REMEMBER, sequels are worse most of the time than the first movies! Just imagine in this case....

Ultramorph

Multiple Davids? I wonder if this is an art house, early April Fools Day prank.

Kimarhi

I think Galaxy should get together and watch it in theaters and heckle like boss when it comes out. 

RakaiThwei

Everyone is bitching and moaning on other sites about the writer, who happened to penned the Green Lantern movie.. I haven't seen the Green Lantern movie, and I probably likely won't see it at all but.. we'll see where this goes.

Nightmare Asylum

I'll remain cautiously optimistic, albeit with lowered expectations this time around.

Kimarhi

If its got more monsters eating people in it I'll go see it anyways.

ikarop

ikarop

The River is worse... It got cancelled after one season and this same writer was hired for the same re-writting purpose that time.

Kimarhi

Part of me says a guy should get a chance to progress as a writer.

The other part of me says he should do it on somebody else's movie.

Nightmare Asylum

Call me crazy, but I would love to have Lindelof back. While Prometheus desperately needed another rewrite or two, I do usually find myself enjoying Lindelof's work.

Ultramorph

I don't even want to know how multiple Davids is possible with the material established at the end of the first movie, unless this turns into some kind of psychedelic black goo trip.  :laugh:

The rescue mission to LV-223 is looking better and better.

But in all seriousness, as much as I hated Green Lantern, it is cool to hear some semi-potentially-concrete news about the sequel.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: ikarop on Mar 25, 2014, 12:04:29 AM
The River is worse... It got cancelled after one season and this same writer was hired for the same re-writting purpose that time.

I've never seen the River, and I have never seen Green Lantern. I'm not sure what other works this guy has done, but chances are I haven't seen them. So.. I can't say anything really bad about this guy or even this development.

I liked the first Prometheus. I actually enjoyed it a lot.. So, I'm gonna have a wait and see with this one.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Ultramorph on Mar 25, 2014, 12:08:28 AM
I don't even want to know how multiple Davids is possible with the material established at the end of the first movie, unless this turns into some kind of psychedelic black goo trip.  :laugh:

Well, the article doesn't mention a return of Shaw. Maybe the sequel could be a rescue mission of some sort, with multiple Davids on board whatever the new ship is.

Could be that they will meet up with Shaw and David's head later in the film, or have two stories running concurrently. Hell, maybe they won't bring Shaw back until a third movie.

szkoki

szkoki

well the problem was with Prometheus that no matter how simple was the script and lame RIDLEY had the last word to direct it and the scenes, and imo to f**k the movie up, and Ridley is the director again, more worried about that

ikarop

ikarop

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Mar 25, 2014, 12:09:28 AM
Quote from: ikarop on Mar 25, 2014, 12:04:29 AM

I've never seen the River, and I have never seen Green Lantern. I'm not sure what other works this guy has done, but chances are I haven't seen them. So.. I can't say anything really bad about this guy or even this development.

I liked the first Prometheus. I actually enjoyed it a lot.. So, I'm gonna have a wait and see with this one.

It's bad but then again they wouldn't be working together in both Blade Runner and Prometheus if Ridley didn't think this guy is good. I trust his judgement so fingers crossed.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed