"Creating the Alien" Trailer Released

Started by ikarop, Mar 10, 2014, 06:59:17 PM

Author
"Creating the Alien" Trailer Released (Read 31,452 times)

szkoki

i want to see the Alien do really alienish, akward things for example when you see him  but he cant see you, some bizarre movement with its victims, or just by itself!

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: Erik Lehnsherr on Mar 11, 2014, 08:40:31 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 11, 2014, 08:29:52 AM
I'd really like it if they maintained a regular series of videos like this.

Even if Isolation was the best game ever made it won't happen because Sega's contract is done.

This is SEGA's last game to put out? Thank God. Hopefully a REAL company will get the rights and hand it over to a REAL developer. I am still waiting for a great FPS based on the license.

Xenomrph

This video really makes it seem like Creative Assembly gets it. This could very well be the scariest Alien game since AvPClassic (which scared the bejesus out of me, and still does).

Snark

The shot of the morgue really did it for me. It gives u a sense a dread of what is to come from the beast. Detail is top notch!

Ultramorph

Quote from: Xenomrph on Mar 14, 2014, 05:04:18 PM
This video really makes it seem like Creative Assembly gets it. This could very well be the scariest Alien game since AvPClassic (which scared the bejesus out of me, and still does).

I hope so, but having just looked back at the mess that was Rome Total War II and how much CA had hyped up what a great game it would be (great AI, etc.), I can't help but be cynical. Companies, whether they're making comics, movie, or video games, have gotten so good at using buzzwords (CANON! ATMOSPHERE! THE GAME/MOVIE/COMIC FANS HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR!) and blowing smoke up everyone's rear ends, especially when they know that their product is garbage, that I tend to take everything with a grain of salt these days.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

They've never used the word Canon because of the ACM disaster.

They know exactly what not to do.

Ultramorph

That point is true, but they do have something of a history of over-hyping games and then shipping them out broken, as has happened with almost every Total War game the last 5 years. Also, the stuff in the "Creating the Alien" video about its AI just rang hollow after CA said similar thing about Rome II, only for the AI to ship completely broken.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

But did they have people test the Rome series?

That's reason enough for me, we've got proof of people actually playing the game.

Ultramorph

We'll just have to wait and see. I'm just personally not buying their hype. I was really unimpressed with the " Creating the Alien" video. I just think we should manage our expectations.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Well, we'll see. I'm not pre-ordering for sure.

Xenomrph

This game (combined with a couple others) might be what pushes me over the edge and gets a next-gen console. If I'm going to play this, I want it to look as good as it possibly can.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Quote from: Xenomrph on Mar 15, 2014, 08:33:57 PM
This game (combined with a couple others) might be what pushes me over the edge and gets a next-gen console. If I'm going to play this, I want it to look as good as it possibly can.

My advice, just upgrade your PC.

Xenomrph

I actually recently did that, but I prefer console gaming because I get to play on my mega-huge TV while sitting on my couch surrounded by my surround-sound system. :)

I buy a good number of PC-only titles, but if something is available on consoles I'll almost invariably get the console version unless the PC version is drastically better in some regard.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

That makes sense but I can't afford to do that, I just connect my PC to my TV.

And I've got to advise you considering the specs of these new consoles PC is going to steamrole them.
I really mean it, I'm not even being bias as I only just got my PC.

Xenomrph

I know that PCs will always trump consoles in sheer horsepower, but connecting my PC to my TV really isn't an option. My PC is upstairs and my TV is downstairs. :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed