What do you want from Prometheus 2?

Started by The1PerfectOrganism, Feb 20, 2014, 08:56:00 PM

Author
What do you want from Prometheus 2? (Read 16,114 times)

Primordial

Only for Christmas

System Apollo

Quote from: PrimitifAlien on Sep 13, 2015, 06:52:27 AM

Haa...what is disturbing is what people in general considers canon or not canon. :-\

The definition of canon is when something is considered genuine. I think these kind of discussions have been around for a long time in the AvP community and that sometimes it could distort how we interpret the word. Rightfully so however seeing as the word genuine isn't very genuine with its own terms.
To be honest, all of the works are considered canon and if you put the effort to piece everything from the expanded universe together you could find that it isn't as surreal and conflicting as one might assume it would be. The problem somewhat stems from Alien 3 taking a different approach of what was hoped to happen after Aliens. The EU already established a continuation for that specific moment of time and it contradicted the upcoming film so fans don't have much of a choice other than to disregard one of the continuations in favor for another.

There's a kind of irony here whenever I hear criticism towards Blomkamp.  :laugh:

What do I want for the next Prometheus? For the studio and the people in charge to do a little research about the universe they're establishing before executing their decisions of course. I've been zonked with all these films coming out that don't properly follow their source materials.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed