ALIEN: The Archive (Mark Salisbury, September 2, 2014)

Started by Cvalda, Feb 20, 2014, 04:31:51 PM

Author
ALIEN: The Archive (Mark Salisbury, September 2, 2014) (Read 48,487 times)

Joda

Quote from: Darwinsgirl on Nov 05, 2014, 10:54:04 PM
On the inside flaps (front usually has snyopsis of book,the back flap author info) are they equal length? If one is longer then the other its possible the jackets were not placed on the binding correct. If they are even and the book spine is at the center of the dust jacket...its a printing error. You may be able to center it even if the title is misaligned. But the inside flaps won't be even or a crease from the original placement may be visible.

The lengths appear different, so on mine it might be an issue with the jacket alignment during production. Regardless, I'm finding an awful lot of manufacturing errors on Titan Book publications recently...  :-\

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Quarax on Nov 06, 2014, 10:27:18 PMhttp://titanbooks.com/alien-the-archive-limited-edition-clamshell-the-ultimate-guide-to-the-classic-movies-7641/

Nice cover art, but it's not like I'm going to buy it again.

The book's chock full of nice images, but the actual behind the scenes information contained in it is pretty sparse.

Joda

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 07, 2014, 08:34:35 AM
The book's chock full of nice images, but the actual behind the scenes information contained in it is pretty sparse.

This is sparse? You should see the Robocop Book Titan put out. Great photos, but I really did a double-take when I got it. I think there's probably a movie magazine out there with more info, lol.

Bat Chain Puller

Mine arrived today. A big, heavy, sexy book. That newly printed smell is intoxicating. Glancing through it's chocked full of photos and illustrations. Many new to me. Particularly interested in Vincent Wards medieval wooden planet stuff from Alien 3. Going to curl up with it tonight in bed with a cup of hot chocolate and window open.

Darwinsgirl

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Nov 08, 2014, 12:13:11 AM
Mine arrived today. A big, heavy, sexy book. That newly printed smell is intoxicating. Glancing through it's chocked full of photos and illustrations. Many new to me. Particularly interested in Vincent Wards medieval wooden planet stuff from Alien 3. Going to curl up with it tonight in bed with a cup of hot chocolate and window open.

Sounds Heavenly! ;D

Darwinsgirl

If you click on reviews there is a 3 minute clip of one of the reviewers going thru the book a page at a time from cover to cover. I found this helpful as I've not been able to get to Barnes & Noble to see it in person.

http://www.amazon.com/Alien-Archive-Ultimate-Classic-Movies/dp/1783291044/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1415651929&sr=1-1&keywords=ALIEN%3AThe+Archive#customerReviews

Bat Chain Puller

Noticing some errors in this. As someone mentioned earlier there is a random picture of an Alien 3 commando in the Alien: Resurrection chapter. Also they credit Larry Purvis as playing Leland Orser.  :-\

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Nov 11, 2014, 12:10:05 AMAlso they credit Larry Purvis as playing Leland Orser.  :-\

:laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Haha. Brilliant.

Still haven't received my copy yet.  :-\ Will have to chase up.

Perfect-Organism

Got my book a few days ago.  It is a very nice volume though as has been mentioned, mostly stuff that we've all seen before.  Its nice to get all the Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection stuff in one volume that you can hold in your hands and look at.  I was never going to reopen the Blu-ray vault images of the wooden planet again for example.  That wooden planet idea was one crazy brain-storm though so compelling.  I still find myself thinking how one might make a wooden space-ship work.

Valaquen

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 11, 2014, 09:01:22 AM
Haha. Brilliant.

Still haven't received my copy yet.  :-\ Will have to chase up.

Will you be reviewing it?

Corporal Hicks

When I get a copy, yeah.

SM

Got this yesterday.  Only had a chance to flip through it as yet, but it looks very nice.

Corporal Hicks

Still no sign of my copy so I went ahead and brought one from Amazon. I saw one in Waterstones when I was shopping at the weekend £35! Jesus. I wouldn't have thought anyone would pay that. Amazon has them going for just over £20. Much more reasonable.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed