[Updated] Prometheus 2 'Paradise' hits theaters in Nov. 2015!

Started by Chris P, Jan 16, 2014, 01:59:28 AM

Author
[Updated] Prometheus 2 'Paradise' hits theaters in Nov. 2015! (Read 10,280 times)

TheBATMAN

Why don't we go with FOX rather than Cineworld?

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=116301

Not confirmed as Prometheus 2, but more than likely. March 4th 2016.

SpreadEagleBeagle

Rewatched PROMETHEUS the other day (one of the fan-edits), and I must say that it had potential. Feel like they should've saved the Deacon for PROMETHEUS 2. The way it is now it feels kind of campy. In fact there is a lot of campy stuff in PROMETHEUS.

Anywho, looking forward to PROMETHEUS 2. 2016 feels like far away.

T Dog

There's a shit ton of other projects Ridley Scott could be making for that 2016 release spot.

He mentioned "another sci fi" in an interview with Empire recently and I'm pretty sure he wasn't referring to Prometheus 2 or The Forever War.

TheBATMAN

Hence the 'not confirmed as Prometheus 2' bit.

T Dog

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Mar 22, 2014, 12:29:04 AM
Hence the 'not confirmed as Prometheus 2' bit.

You did say "but more than likely" though.

It's not necessarily likely that it'll be Prometheus 2.

Gazz

A mystery film with a dated release in a prime slot with Ridley Scott at the helm and Fox producing. Sounds like it's probably going to be Prometheus to me especially since last we heard the script was ready to go. Fox have never been keen on letting the Alien franchise lie for too long.

That said, I do wonder if Fox are taking a punt on a The Forever Wars given Scott's comments on a The Counsellor directors commentary. Sounds like he's keen to get going. Not sure if Fox will be though, especially with Prometheus 2 waiting on the sidelines.

T Dog

T Dog

PG-13 The Forever War. Yeeeeeesssssssssss! ;)

Anyway I just read that Scott had planned on casting for WOOL early this year (which Fox owns the rights for).
So I imagine the movie that is coming out in 2016 is WOOL.

Gazz

The only source on Wool's casting progress is An anonymous Daily Mirror source. Don't know if I'd give it too much weight.

Also it's being directed by J Blakeson according to previous reports. Scott is producing.

T Dog

T Dog

It could be WOOL though.

Gazz

Sure. There's a long list of what it could be considering Scott's slate.

I still think there's plenty more chance of it being a Prometheus sequel or The Forever War considering just how Scott and Fox have talked about them recently.

T Dog

T Dog

Out of all the could be options I would like it to be Prometheus 2 myself.

There's other directors I'd like to see do The Forever War. I think Ridley Scott is too much of a production line director at this point, for understandable reasons of course. His last bunch of films have really just been adequate and slightly above average at best, but far from excellent.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed