[Updated] Prometheus 2 'Paradise' hits theaters in Nov. 2015!

Started by Chris P, Jan 16, 2014, 01:59:28 AM

Author
[Updated] Prometheus 2 'Paradise' hits theaters in Nov. 2015! (Read 10,283 times)

Chris P

Chris P

I just posted this up on my site, and I'm still skeptical. CineWorld has a very specific release date for Prometheus 2 on their Paradise movie page. According to them, it's set to hit theaters on Nov. 27th, 2015.

I explain it all here: http://www.prometheus2-movie.com/news/1452

Now I have reached out to CineWorld for confirmation or more info on this so we can rule it out as legit or not, but if this turns out to be true, it could be BIG news!

UPDATE (01/17/2014): I have just received an email back from CineWorld after inquiring about their Prometheus 2 / Paradise release date of November 27th, 2015 which they posted on the site. I asked if this was a placeholder date or if it was in fact the legitimate release date for the Prometheus sequel and this is what they said:

"The release dates that are posted online are correct at the time that they are published, however, they are subject to changes, of course."

So, as far as we know, Prometheus 2 is set for a November 27th, 2015 release date!

SM

I dunno about "Now, some can argue that this plot synopsis is pure speculation".  The plot synopsis, based on what we know from the last film and that Fassbender and Nooms are signed to a sequel - it sounds pretty well right.

November 2015 sounds do-able, so accepting that it's not in the least bit substantiated, I wouldn't be surprised if this turned out to be accurate.

Highland

Sounds fair enough, they don't have much to gain from it really, being so far away.

Chris P

Quote from: SM on Jan 16, 2014, 02:24:17 AM
I dunno about "Now, some can argue that this plot synopsis is pure speculation".  The plot synopsis, based on what we know from the last film and that Fassbender and Nooms are signed to a sequel - it sounds pretty well right.

November 2015 sounds do-able, so accepting that it's not in the least bit substantiated, I wouldn't be surprised if this turned out to be accurate.

Meaning I'm not sure if they actually know the plot, since what they posted is what we've already known since Prometheus. I'm hoping the release date is legit though. I'll hopefully get an email response tomorrow at some point.

SM

QuoteMeaning I'm not sure if they actually know the plot, since what they posted is what we've already known since Prometheus.

Yeah, it sounds just like they're extrapolting rather than having any real news in that regard.

And to go a bit off topic - I stumbled across a link to this on your forums.  Seems to only have the signature of the guy who created it.

WHY??  Don't people know that "Ridley must be stopped, or the future of science fiction will be put in danger."!!!!11!!!

RakaiThwei

I have a feeling this is something that might be featured at a panel in SDCC 14. If any of this is legit of course.

Alien³

*Fingers are firmly crossed.

Eva

A speculated release date is nothing more than that - speculated.

I'll get more excited when they go into actual pre-production with a final script, crew and cast attached to the project.

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Seen this so I inquired with a friend who works at my local Cineworld, he did some looking into it for me and confirmed (for my local cinema ONLY, can't say for the rest of UK) this is  a placeholder for Prometheus 2, that it is subject to change at any time and the synopsis they posted is based on information (and of course speculation) that is known so far by anyone.  I've also provided a link which some people outside UK may not be able to see, just to confirm that Cineworld is indeed expecting Prometheus 2 to happen.

Local Cineworld P2 Link: http://www.cineworld.co.uk/whatson/7073

Eva

It's not whether the film will happen or not I'm questioning - it's the idea of extracting details about when the film will open/be finished/shoot/go into production etc, just based on a projected opening date from the studio. As an example... my local cinema states that The Amazing Spiderman 4 will open... in 2018.

PS: Fox won't release Prometheus 2 in late November/early December 2015, if Disney releases Star Wars VII in mid December 2015...  ;)

Chris P

UPDATE! Looks like the release date IS accurate for the time being! i just received an email back from CineWorld and they claimed the release date is correct, but is subject to change.

Looks like we'll be seeing Prometheus 2 next year!

Infected

Ehmm so considering they have the storyline, and they have the script?
Now they gonna search for locations? If Ridley is involved, if another producer will do it nehhh no location searching.
They want Fassbender and Rapace again? are they available or do they have other work? or will they use cheaper actors?
how long will it take to film? how long will the editing take and the new costumes and cgi etc etc? will there be new actors? casting?
If they started just now they will have at the most 22 months till cinema release.

Im not very familiar with movie making but im getting a feeling its gonna be a Starship Troopers 2 Hero of the Federation,
not saying it was a bad movie but it was Starship Troopers 2 :D

SiL

22 months is more than enough time.

Wobblyboddle77

Wobblyboddle77

I think we'll see it in either 2017-2018, there is no rumours of fox scouting for directors or locations. No solid information has come from Rapace or Fassbender, because they're agents would usually keep them informed, but I would love to see a 2015 release date. I don't think they will call it just paradise maybe Prometheus:Paradise. Also in the meantime the script may go through numerous changes too, so there are many factors to consider.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Infected on Jan 21, 2014, 12:11:33 PM
Now they gonna search for locations? If Ridley is involved, if another producer will do it nehhh no location searching.

If another producer is involved the won't do location scouting ???

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed