Alien: Isolation in PC Gamer

Started by ikarop, Jan 14, 2014, 06:43:40 PM

Author
Alien: Isolation in PC Gamer (Read 21,070 times)

ikarop

ikarop

Nuts Magazine:

PC Gamer:

Seegson

Seegson

My god...the alien its a f*** monster! Now i can understand the changes on the legs...The originals were too "human-like", so the alien animations in a videogame will be too silly

Ok, i have to quote this from the article related to somethin i have post a few days ago

"In the demo the alien entered the level at a set point. In the final game it might enter any evironment at any point"

Finally!...not the "press that button = the alien shows up"

Now im happy

szkoki

szkoki

Quote from: ikarop on Jan 14, 2014, 06:43:40 PM
Official sneak peak [Footage]: https://vine.co/v/hLX3Jvq9PDe

Nuts Magazine:

PC Gamer:

so they completely revamped the Xeno....ummmm whatever

Seegson

Seegson

Thank god we dont have the legs and feets from 1979...they were the worst part of the suit, and made the alien look a little ridiculous

MrSpaceJockey

I personally love the creepy humanoid feel of the original. But jeez that magazine screenshot of the alien having to bend its back to fit inside the hallway...loving the mass on this one.

Wondering how that size would play out if we get a couple of vents sequences?

szkoki

szkoki

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Jan 14, 2014, 08:22:45 PM
I personally love the creepy humanoid feel of the original. But jeez that magazine screenshot of the alien having to bend its back to fit inside the hallway...loving the mass on this one.

Wondering how that size would play out if we get a couple of vents sequences?

+1

plus you barely can see the whole creature in the movie, thats why the had to go with something else...a simply human like walking alien is a bit off in a game, bug walk is bit boring and less creapy, and this was the 3rd option to make it completely different, at least its not a dino

Seegson

Seegson

I dont think its completely different, still very Gigeresque...the head, the skull inside the dome, the chest...just bigger than the original , plus less humanoid legs.

acrediblesource

I'd rather flip ACM and AVP99's ratings around. Hey at least they made the Alien look scarier than any other of it's predecessors.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: acrediblesource on Jan 14, 2014, 08:48:16 PM
I'd rather flip ACM and AVP99's ratings around. Hey at least they made the Alien look scarier than any other of it's predecessors.
Did you just try to say that A:CM was better than AvP Classic...?

Xenoscream

Xenoscream

Quote from: Cal427eb on Jan 14, 2014, 08:51:34 PM
Quote from: acrediblesource on Jan 14, 2014, 08:48:16 PM
Did you just try to say that A:CM was better than AvP Classic...?

Heretic!

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Quote from: Seegson on Jan 14, 2014, 08:46:00 PM
I dont think its completely different, still very Gigeresque...the head, the skull inside the dome, the chest...just bigger than the original , plus less humanoid legs.

Oops, I wasn't very clear with my comment but when I said "I personally love the creepy humanoid feel of the original" I pretty much meant "I personally love the creepy humanoid feel that the human like legs gave the original," in response to your comment that you felt that those legs made the Alien look a little ridiculous.  I like the way the 1979 Alien echoed the human body, as some sort of distorted biomechanical beast.  Of course there are some shots where the suit looks a bit awkward, but I also feel that nowadays, the digitigrade legs like the ones being used for the game are a bit over-used in "ooo it's a scary monster/alien because it has legs like a dinosaur!!!" department.  :P

Seegson

Seegson

Scott didnt take a shot of the alien walking, yeah i know they were "test footage" but they avoid all that stuff in the final product. The human legs looks cool in a picture, but not in motion...coz make the alien look like a man in a suit. In that screenshot from PC gamer (the one with the full alien body) i cant imagine the alien with human legs...wow, no way

SiL

SiL

The human legs were fine. They don't look out of place in the crab-crawling outttake.

Seegson

Seegson

The crab-crawling was a bit weird, and wasnt in the final product...in a videogame the alien its gonna be over-exposed, "he" its gonna sprint sometimes, and the human legs wont work there

SiL

SiL

Sure they would have.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed