What If Prometheus 2 Needs a Different Director Than Ridley Scott?

Started by TimmyTurnersDad, Jan 09, 2014, 01:12:12 AM

Author
What If Prometheus 2 Needs a Different Director Than Ridley Scott? (Read 6,561 times)

irn

I think Ridley is very much a director in sense that he just puts the pieces together, rather than have full involvement in the story to be told.

He is great at directing but it's just he doesn't always work with the best writers or have the best scripts. That's my opinion anyway.

Infected

Infected

The way its going, i dont think it matters who directs it because it will all go downhill, the big mystery aka the jockeys are revealed as big humanoids and THAT we did not want.
I kinda get it, that this final movie we got wasnt the way Ridley wanted it to be, its impossible.
I like the movie, but it didnt even once satisfied my curiosity for the jockeys and the other mysteries like the green crystal and the murals.
But if another director goes for it, i would give Fincher a free hand. After seeing Zodiac for the 10th time, i would give it to him, he knows how to keep a long story interesting.

SM

QuoteThe way its going, i dont think it matters who directs it because it will all go downhill, the big mystery aka the jockeys are revealed as big humanoids and THAT we did not want.

It's unwise to presume you speak for everyone.

Game_Over_Man

Quote from: SM on Jan 10, 2014, 10:13:37 PM
QuoteThe way its going, i dont think it matters who directs it because it will all go downhill, the big mystery aka the jockeys are revealed as big humanoids and THAT we did not want.

But he does speak for the majority ;)

Sorry, but unless the Engineers are revealed as mere lapdogs for a grander species, I'll be eternally disappointed at Riddles's choice to make them humanoid.

Having watched it again, the movie is actually far worse than I remembered. 

SM

QuoteBut he does speak for the majority

Does he?

Eva

Quote from: Game_Over_Man on Jan 10, 2014, 11:08:30 PM
Sorry, but unless the Engineers are revealed as mere lapdogs for a grander species, I'll be eternally disappointed at Riddles's choice to make them humanoid.

Some fans just can't help setting themselves up for disappointment over and over again. ;)

SM

Or indeed 'eternally'.  ;D

whiterabbit

As far as I am concerned.... Prometheus 2 is going to f**king rock! :laugh:

Hey at least it's something worth living for...

Space Sweeper

Infected

It might, the fact remains that the mystery is gone, the big fossilized mystery giant alien in his weird looking ship with his weird interior has come to show its just a humanoid.
When you watch Prometheus and David walks to the cryo chamber where the surviving engineer lies, you see the suits of the jockeys standing, it looks so stupid and so dull like someone with no imagination and creativity had just put it there, i bet Giger rolled over when he saw that, but then again it tells us or me :) in what time we live, there are just too many things and movies who dont have a soul or a heart like they did back then.
So again, Prometheus 2 will suck, i have no doubt about it.

ShadowPred

The mystery is not gone. The only thing we know is what it looks like, and that they match our DNA. Everything else is still up for speculation.

irn

Quote from: Game_Over_Man on Jan 10, 2014, 11:08:30 PM

If they don't fix the Engineers = Space Jockeys issue in a sequel then I'm dropping everything after A3 and just having Alien, Aliens and Alien 3 as my personal canon. Then living in a hermit and never watching another single movie every again.

SM

Quote from: Infected on Jan 11, 2014, 01:14:46 PM

It might, the fact remains that the mystery is gone, the big fossilized mystery giant alien in his weird looking ship with his weird interior has come to show its just a humanoid.
When you watch Prometheus and David walks to the cryo chamber where the surviving engineer lies, you see the suits of the jockeys standing, it looks so stupid and so dull like someone with no imagination and creativity had just put it there, i bet Giger rolled over when he saw that, but then again it tells us or me :) in what time we live, there are just too many things and movies who dont have a soul or a heart like they did back then.
So again, Prometheus 2 will suck, i have no doubt about it.

:laugh:

Eva

Someone needs a smaller violin... :D

Highland

QuoteEdwards stands out for me personally

He's made a mediocre monster movie and a decent trailer. I'm not sure why he would "stand out". The visuals, sets and design of Prometheus is probably one thing that most people, even the haters, can agree was damn good.

Think back to when we watched the Prometheus trailer, there were guy's blowing loads for weeks.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed