Alien: Isolation in Game Republic

Started by ikarop, Jan 08, 2014, 07:40:38 PM

Author
Alien: Isolation in Game Republic (Read 39,463 times)

Xenomorphine

If the black box was ejected, it would've needed to have been on something with the same kind of speed as the escape shuttle to have got out of range of that massive supernova of an explosion...

Quote from: ShadowPred on Jan 08, 2014, 10:00:09 PM
Remember, the movie came out in 1979. The black boxes in planes and whatnot still used magnetic tape until the 90s. The devs of this game stayed true to the tech that was available at the time the movie was made. They made it a point to not use technology in the game that could not have been made in the 70s.

You know they just meant that in regards to the props, right? They're not literally setting it in the 1970s. ;)

SM

SM

Amanda gets called a 'jive ass honky' by Parker's daughter in a disco in one sequence.

D.R.

D.R.

Quote from: SM on Jan 09, 2014, 12:11:19 AM
Amanda gets called a 'jive ass honky' by Parker's daughter in a disco in one sequence.

Will buy 5 copies if this happens.

SM

SM

Pam Grier as Foxy Parker

Xhan

Xhan

Quote from: SM on Jan 09, 2014, 12:11:19 AM

YOU OWE ME A MONITOR

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: Xhan on Jan 08, 2014, 10:16:31 PM
Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Jan 08, 2014, 09:41:58 PM
The idea of the black box being jettisoned out of the ship before self destruction sounds logical, like standard protocol to keep some sort of record that might indicate why a ship would be set to self-destruct.  But I can't help but be irked by the question of why it wouldn't be brought up at Ripley's inquiry meeting in Aliens.

I really hope they do not make a lot of plot holes.  So much potential for a great in-canon storyline, in addition to a great game.

Umm they just did. The content of the black box scroll behind Ripley when she's getting grilled, and the inquest asks her about the context of the actions it recorded.

Same as the Alien grabs Amanda and then uses a literal AvP2010 growl to threaten her.

This game won't be any more authentic or true than any of the other SEGA offerings. It will just look much prettier and grittier.

All respect to Mr. Abnett, his forte is writing about giant aryan ubermensch in giant shoulder pads who shoot all the things and don't not ever lose and stab literal gods themselves in the crotch for great justice in the edgiest egdy grimdarkdarkdark darkness of edgiest grimdarkery made by a company that has a stable of plot so over the top even the creators can't take it seriously with a straight face.

This game is as fanony as any other SEGA offering, it's just being allowed to be marketed as  self aware, because of length and breadth of the f**kuppery present in their previous catalog.

Mutherf**king XHANOID!

Procurator

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Jan 08, 2014, 09:41:58 PM
The idea of the black box being jettisoned out of the ship before self destruction sounds logical, like standard protocol to keep some sort of record that might indicate why a ship would be set to self-destruct.  But I can't help but be irked by the question of why it wouldn't be brought up at Ripley's inquiry meeting in Aliens.

I really hope they do not make a lot of plot holes.  So much potential for a great in-canon storyline, in addition to a great game.

Really? When was your last viewing of the movie Aliens?

from the board of inquiry scene:

-VAN LEUWEN
   The shuttle's flight recorder
   corroborates some elements of
   your account.  That the Nostromo
   set down on LV-426, an unsurveyed
   planet, at that time.  That
   repairs were made.  That it resumed
   its course and was subsequently set
   for self-destruct.  By you.  For
        reasons unknown.

SM

SM

"The shuttle's flight recorder corroborates some elements of your account."

Procurator

Safe to say based on the Sulaco's EEV flight recorder system all escape vehicles, shuttles etc... have they're own dedicated recorders but the information is shared. So if they have data from the shuttle's recorder, why bother spending time searching for the ship's master recorder, that contains the same data. Plus if it simply gets ejected in to space and its a simple box with no propulsion or stabilization most likely it would get caught in a gravity field and crash land to some planet just like the EEV from Alien3. 

ShadowPred

Quote from: Procurator on Jan 09, 2014, 06:56:20 AM. So if they have data from the shuttle's recorder, why bother spending time searching for the ship's master recorder, that contains the same data.

I may have not seen the movie in a while so correct me if I'm wrong here, but I don't think they have the flight recorder until AFTER Ripley gets rescued after 50 some years of sleep. The game takes place in the 15 years after the first movie, not taking place during the same time as ALIENS, or even close to it.

UDA

UDA

The shuttles flight recorder might not even contain all the same information as the black box on board the Nostromo. It could be just for the shuttle, and Ripley was expecting the events at the end of the first film to show the company that there was an alien on board the shuttle, which would lend some credibility to the rest of her story.

Dill-On

Dill-On

I was dreaming about game like this...

...and now, dreams comes true :)

Xenoscream

I read somewhere that it was an electronic transmission of the Nostromo black box, can't remember the source, thought it was in the translation of this article.

Quarax

SM

SM

Quotewhy bother spending time searching for the ship's master recorder, that contains the same data.

Does it say that they're actively searching for it?

QuotePlus if it simply gets ejected in to space and its a simple box with no propulsion or stabilization most likely it would get caught in a gravity field and crash land to some planet just like the EEV from Alien3. 

After a few millennia perhaps.  But there's no planets or stars near where the Nostromo exploded.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed