Alien: Isolation Officially Announced - Trailer & Preview Thread

Started by ikarop, Jan 07, 2014, 05:22:31 PM

Author
Alien: Isolation Officially Announced - Trailer & Preview Thread (Read 97,483 times)

SM

The front on view with the Resurrection legs was okay.  This side on one looks a bit hokey.

But I tend to think normal feet might look just as hokey.

newbeing

Just saw an Angry Joe Review of Rome II and I gotta say I'm a bit nervous. I know they're seperate teams working on totally different games, but my shields have gone up a bit.

Vertigo

Don't. It's a new team for the most part, my impression from a recent preview was that only two of the 100-odd main team are existing Creative Assembly members. The rest have either been poached from other developers or hired from dissolved teams (the THQ implosion, for example).

Sega's quality control is certainly a concern though, and it's wrought havoc with CA projects in the past.

Xhan

UDA

Considering the F-up ACM was, give them a break.
This seems to be an attempt at something else.
Even if they screw up, enjoy it while it lasts. Surely to God your life doesn't revolve around 'aliens'

HuDaFuK

Quote from: UDA on Jan 16, 2014, 08:01:50 AMEven if they screw up, enjoy it while it lasts. Surely to God your life doesn't revolve around 'aliens'
Just because we want to finally get an Alien game that doesn't suck doesn't mean we have nothing better to do with our lives...

newbeing

Quote from: UDA on Jan 16, 2014, 08:01:50 AM
Considering the F-up ACM was, give them a break.
This seems to be an attempt at something else.
Even if they screw up, enjoy it while it lasts. Surely to God your life doesn't revolve around 'aliens'

Thankfully it doesn't, but I am just as susceptible to hype as any other fan of the series. When we first heard about GBX developing for A:CM it seemed like a match made in heaven, and after all of their promises and build up that wasn't the case. I'm just trying to keep my expectations realistic. It's one thing for developers to go on camera and make all these statements or show a 40 minute vertical slice of a game where everything is polished. It's something totally different to deliver on those promises and maintain that level of polish for 12 hours.

That said, I'm very excited for this game, and have very few qualms with what they've shown so far, and hope that will be case when they reveal more of the game.

SM

QuoteEven if they screw up, enjoy it while it lasts. Surely to God your life doesn't revolve around 'aliens'

Does writing really long posts about inconsistencies in Colonial Marines and then soliciting for more comments by putting the link in your signature block qualify as having a life revolving around 'aliens'?

thecaffeinatedone

thecaffeinatedone

Quote from: UDA on Jan 16, 2014, 08:01:50 AM

This is a forum where fans of the Alien and Predator franchises discuss media and thus critique will happen, along with nitpicking. Comes with any franchise. And when you haven't had a decent game (okay AVP3 wasn't horrible) for the good part of 12 years (and an Alien-only based game at that)worries and doubts are warranted.

Le Celticant

Is there any indication of what engine they are using?
Seems like from the screenshot and the footage that they are using the UDK but I could be wrong.

ikarop

It's an in-house engine.

Xhan

Even with the latest radiosity updates UDK isn't up to the same level of AO and subsurface, especially the subsurface scattering.

Looks better than most japanese pre-renders, much less anything Unreal has done with the stock offering.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed