Alien: Isolation Officially Announced - Trailer & Preview Thread

Started by ikarop, Jan 07, 2014, 05:22:31 PM

Author
Alien: Isolation Officially Announced - Trailer & Preview Thread (Read 98,141 times)

Cal427eb

Quote from: szkoki on Jan 13, 2014, 11:23:12 PM
Quote from: Nazrel on Jan 13, 2014, 08:05:06 AM
Quote from: Crazy Rich on Jan 13, 2014, 12:24:33 AM
The Alien in this reminds me so much more of the alien from the 1979 film than aliens from previous games.

This is a good thing.

That would be the point

u serious? at is pont its more like

than this

really hope it will be more like on the last pic and not on the previous one with a dumb animal vibe
Did we watch the same gameplay?

szkoki

you are right, its more like

Cal427eb

Which game did you? It definitely wasn't Isolation.

KiramidHead

I honestly don't care if it isn't exactly like the original xeno. A lot of the variations would work just fine with this kind of presentation. Well, except the AVPR xenos. f**k those guys.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Jan 13, 2014, 11:55:08 PMI suppose that does make sense. 

I just feel like the Nostromo being a product of Weyland-Yutani, and not some third party manufacturer, works well enough.  The Nostromo has many Egyptian (the rounded corners or tan ridges) and Japanese elements (the space suits, most prevalently), which goes right in hand with the Weyland-Yutani winged sun logo or its Japanese heritage.
Who says the Nostromo was made by Weyland-Yutani? Just because they operate it, that doesn't mean they built it. Most big companies buy their vehicles and equipment from other manufacturers. BP don't build their oil rigs, they get someone else to do it.

In fact the Colonial Marines Tech Manual says the Nostromo was made by a company called Lockmart.

SiL

Ron Cobb's sketches list companies for various parts of the ship (Engines, for example), but I can't remember what companies. I think the engines are Yutani.

HuDaFuK

Yeah, the Tech Manual says Yutani made the engines.

MrSpaceJockey

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 14, 2014, 08:43:48 AM
Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Jan 13, 2014, 11:55:08 PMI suppose that does make sense. 

I just feel like the Nostromo being a product of Weyland-Yutani, and not some third party manufacturer, works well enough.  The Nostromo has many Egyptian (the rounded corners or tan ridges) and Japanese elements (the space suits, most prevalently), which goes right in hand with the Weyland-Yutani winged sun logo or its Japanese heritage.
Who says the Nostromo was made by Weyland-Yutani? Just because they operate it, that doesn't mean they built it. Most big companies buy their vehicles and equipment from other manufacturers. BP don't build their oil rigs, they get someone else to do it.

In fact the Colonial Marines Tech Manual says the Nostromo was made by a company called Lockmart.

Uh, well no one is saying that now, since I agree with Nightlord on the situation.  My point was about Weyland-Yutani and the Nostromo's shared Egyptian aesthetic.   

Also, we do know that at some point Weyland-Yutani builds spaceship parts too, since their logo is on the Sulaco's flight recorder. 

thecaffeinatedone

I feel like I ought to bring this up, as it's been worrying me as of the past day.

All they've been talking about lately is "attention to authentic detail" and "we've got an intelligent alien that you'll hide from". Just hearing those words has raised my skepticism back up.  What about level design and the players ability to interact with stuff? Will the player have to fiddle with things to find out backstory, progress through the level and interact with characters? Will there even be a sense of wanting to interact with characters, more importantly. Will they just exist to deliver exposition? Anybody remember Penumbra: Black Plague and Amnesia? Those games had the whole "hide from monster" and an authentic spooky castle looking environment but they also had a sense of urgency to progress. Amnesia had the "find out about your backstory by solving these puzzles and shit! Better hurry cause this shadow's gonna kill you" and in Penumbra it's like "you better find out about yo fadda' so that you can get Harlan Ellison to stop talking in your head!".

I've heard it said that "I hope this isn't an Amnesia clone". Well, naturally, but it does need a lot of those elements. That formula of progression (not identical, being a space station) would really work with this game. That and the Oculus Rift could be what makes or breaks this game. Authenticity and hiding from the beasty certainly won't be the things that make this game great.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

There's nothing to suggest Weyland-Yutani built the Nostromo. In fact, Ash, the one mission-critical piece of hardware which was installed on the ship before it travelled derelict-wards, was built by Hyperdyne Systems, not Weyland-Yutani.

To this day, we haven't had any indication as to whether the Bishop synthetics were made by Weyland-Yutani, either. Just assumptions. Unless you feel the AVP films are definitely canonical, of course (some do, some don't).

Same goes for the colony. Burke points out WY build the atmosphere processors, but says nothing about the rest of the place.

KiramidHead

I dunno about anyone else, but I always wondered why the Nostromo had the Purina logo plastered on all of the doors.

sjs41390

Quote from: szkoki on Jan 09, 2014, 09:26:43 PM
CAS doesnt have an official twitter or facebook page? we should tell them the growling Alien takes away from the tension

@CAGames on Twitter and AlienIsolation.com has a forum.

ikarop

Images that got removed from an article from earlier:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed