About the predator's masks!

Started by vortep, Sep 03, 2007, 08:35:42 PM

Author
About the predator's masks! (Read 3,232 times)

Don Dorris

Don Dorris

Quote from: Hardass Predator on Sep 07, 2007, 09:57:56 PM
Quote from: Gates on Sep 07, 2007, 09:52:51 PM
Quote from: Hardass Predator on Sep 07, 2007, 09:45:17 PM
I think that the Predator symbols that line the middle of the helmet looks retarded. There I said it, I hope I did not offend any Predator Caligraphy enthusiasts out there.

Agreed 100%...

Thank you. But look at it this way, if the predator is such a badass and he knows it, then why mark his self like that. He is there to do a job, not to show off. Does anybody agree that the mask makes wolf look kind of arrogant?
I imagine it's supposed to look arrogant, just like displaying a human skull in your trophy cabinet is arrogant.

Hardass Predator

hahahaha yeah lol, but he takes that home with him for him to see not everyone else. He doesnt prance around the town going "look at all the skulls I collected shawtay" lol ya know

Don Dorris

Don Dorris

Quote from: Hardass Predator on Sep 07, 2007, 10:03:13 PM
hahahaha yeah lol, but he takes that home with him for him to see not everyone else. He doesnt prance around the town going "look at all the skulls I collected shawtay" lol ya know
Well we've seen him tear out skulls at a high point then hold it in the air screaming before now. Which seems a bit show-offy to me. In fact in AvP a Pred does it with an alien's head on his spear.

Then there's also the fact that the Preds do seem to have skulls of various creatures about themselves as ornaments.

Hardass Predator

You know what I am going to stop arguing with you because you are spot-on. I never looked at it that way. Your right....your right.

Gates

Gates

Quote from: Hardass Predator on Sep 07, 2007, 10:13:18 PM
You know what I am going to stop arguing [...]

I'm not... ;)

I don't see the need to have a prayer or hymn on his helmet...the original didn't have any markings and neither did the predator in the mockery that is Predator 2, to me the markings are just another stupidity created by Anderson...but as far as that goes, what's done is done...but being that AvP-R is suppose to be a fresh start...I see no reason why they had to validate that error from AvP and actually make it larger and therefore more important to the Wolf's personality...

Hardass Predator

Oh no I dont agree with the helmet at all, by no means what so ever. I was just stating that Lovely Man made a good point about Predators being arrogant. But I still hate the hyrogliphics.

Daweism

Daweism

The markings originated from the 1991 comic Aliens vs Predator.

Hardass Predator

like the original?

Anonymous684

Anonymous684

e markings will be hard to see COlin said he dodnt like the slidehow ones because they made the markings to visible. So i doubt we will reli notice them besides in some scenes or we are rlie looking for them.

KARHAN

KARHAN

Quote from: ElitePredator on Sep 08, 2007, 09:03:47 AM
e markings will be hard to see COlin said he dodnt like the slidehow ones because they made the markings to visible. So i doubt we will reli notice them besides in some scenes or we are rlie looking for them.

yeah i saw read that statment, presonally i like the markings it gives something extra, but without
its also badass

Anonymous684

Anonymous684

Quote from: karhan on Sep 08, 2007, 09:07:01 AM
Quote from: ElitePredator on Sep 08, 2007, 09:03:47 AM

yeah i saw read that statment, presonally i like the markings it gives something extra, but without
its also badass

emhmmm.

KARHAN

KARHAN

what you mean by eehhmmm.

Anonymous684

Anonymous684

Quote from: karhan on Sep 08, 2007, 09:34:20 AM
what you mean by eehhmmm.

Agreeing.

KARHAN

KARHAN

o ok ;)  i had it with the mask pics (their still cool) i want to see his armor and weapons :-\

Anonymous684

Anonymous684

Quote from: karhan on Sep 08, 2007, 09:46:34 AM
o ok ;)  i had it with the mask pics (their still cool) i want to see his armor and weapons :-\

I wounder if the wrist bomb will have the original pred writing. If you go to avp-r.com when loading it shows the preds original writing, i wounder if it will be in the movie. But if the wrist bomb has the new cursafe type of writing i wounder if the structure of the bomb has changed.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed