Alien: Sea of Sorrows (Novel 2)

Started by Ultramorph, Dec 28, 2013, 12:56:28 AM

Author
Alien: Sea of Sorrows (Novel 2) (Read 53,316 times)

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Ditto on that one.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: SiL on Dec 29, 2013, 07:16:23 AM
Right up until the next press release where they say they're restarting from scratch ;D

Ah, but that can be ignored and retconned. Only things which agree to "everything is canon" is actually literal.

That's the signature of the "everything is canon" crowd (...cult). Best way to deal with them is to ignore them. Logic & Reason does not mean to them what it means to the rest of us. Debating with them is like debating with a stone wall with a speaker pumping out a selection of prerecorded annoying, bullheaded messages mixed in with a few "la-la-la-la-la- can't hear you -la-la-la-la-la-la!".

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Dec 30, 2013, 09:52:52 PM
Quote from: SiL on Dec 29, 2013, 07:16:23 AM
Right up until the next press release where they say they're restarting from scratch ;D

Ah, but that can be ignored and retconned. Only things which agree to "everything is canon" is actually literal.

That's the signature of the "everything is canon" crowd (...cult). Best way to deal with them is to ignore them. Logic & Reason does not mean to them what it means to the rest of us. Debating with them is like debating with a stone wall with a speaker pumping out a selection of prerecorded annoying, bullheaded messages mixed in with a few "la-la-la-la-la- can't hear you -la-la-la-la-la-la!".
The irony of you of all people saying something like this is goddamn hilarious. :D

Corporal Hicks

Urgh. More Ripley. Is 2014 to be the year of the Ripley revival?

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 31, 2013, 07:58:11 AM

I know, haha! Just let the poor woman (...and anyone unfortunate to ever meet her) alone for jebus sake!

They just   h a v e   to milk it dry and then some...

Corporal Hicks

I thought I'd be able to deal with the unknown history of Out of the Shadows and I was starting to come around to Isolation (assuming the game was actually good) but I'm not sure I can take a whole novel trilogy dedicated to the Ripley family hunting down Aliens.  :-\

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 31, 2013, 08:26:16 AM
I thought I'd be able to deal with the unknown history of Out of the Shadows and I was starting to come around to Isolation (assuming the game was actually good) but I'm not sure I can take a whole novel trilogy dedicated to the Ripley family hunting down Aliens.  :-\

Yeah, it's quite cheesy isn't it? They always find new ways to cheapen the legacy of Ripley and the original saga.

DemonicD13

DemonicD13

Very apropos SpeardEgaleBegle.

The company is only doing itself a disservice by cramming in all this half baked garbage. It will continue to drive away fans until all that are left are the hardcore fanboys. Much as Lucas did with star Wars, I can't even bring myself to watch the original SW trilogy anymore.

I fear the future of the much beloved Alien franchise is circling the drain. And here I had hoped that Prometheus and Aliens Colonial Marines might provide a renaissance. So stupid.  :'(

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Dec 31, 2013, 08:19:19 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 31, 2013, 07:58:11 AM

I know, haha! Just let the poor woman (...and anyone unfortunate to ever meet her) alone for jebus sake!

They just   h a v e   to milk it dry and then some...
Holy f**king shit, we actually agree on something. :D

Xenoscream

Xenoscream

The Ripley "family"... just how many of them are there?

SM

SM

Two at least.

Not counting clones.

predxeno

predxeno

There was also that male ancestor from a comic who fought an Alien that was on a ship that crash landed on Earth.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: predxeno on Jan 02, 2014, 12:09:02 AM
There was also that male ancestor from a comic who fought an Alien that was on a ship that crash landed on Earth.

Dr. Daniel Ripley. Earth Angel.

-Rakai'Thwei

predxeno

predxeno

That's it, thanks. :)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Eugh, again with the Ripley.

MAKE UP SOME NEW F*CKING CHARACTERS! I really hate how it always has to involve Ripley or Hicks.

Quote from: predxeno on Dec 28, 2013, 07:34:04 PMTHREE.  VERY SUCCESSFUL.  Movie sequels?
I don't see why everyone has a problem with this statement. Alien did launch three very successful sequels. They made tons of money.

it's not like they said it launched three very good movie sequels.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed