First Alien: Isolation Screenshots

Started by ikarop, Dec 13, 2013, 08:22:23 AM

Author
First Alien: Isolation Screenshots (Read 52,426 times)

SpreadEagleBeagle

Still don't dig the idea of Amanda Ripley ever having an encounter with the Xenomorph. So contrived and unlikely, being emotionally involved or not.

Saying that, I'm still excited about this game and I really hope they'll be able make the story at least somewhat believable.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: Its_Auto on Dec 20, 2013, 04:13:23 PM
Sorry to go back to the Special Order 937 debate, but since I've read everyone's interpretation of it, i felt compelled to offer my own;

Firstly, in my opinion, there is no doubt whatsoever that Ash knew about the special order BEFORE he left Thedus, he was put on the ship SPECIFICALLY for this task, and the company (or at least whoever issued the order) was aware of the hostile organism BEFORE the Nostromo landed on LV-426. Now, before you write me off, here is the evidence presented in the movie;

1. The most senior officer is the only crew member on the ship with access to Muther. During the opening scenes of the movie Kane is heard saying "Dallas, Muther wants to talk with you" to which the captain responds "Yeah...my eyes only." Later in the movie, after Dallas is (presumed) dead (or killed depending which cut of the movie you roll with) and Ash asks Ripley what she wants him to do, she responds "What you've been doing; Nothing. I have access to Muther now and I'll get my own answers thank you." (Implying she didn't have access prior to Dallas' demise, and, as she stated earlier in the movie "When Dallas is off the ship, I'm senior officer." Now...If this was all a co-incidence, and Ash didn't know anything about this before they left Thedus, then, explain how he received special order 937 once the Nostromo had left for Earth? He had no access to Muther. Thus, he had his orders before they left Thedus.

2. The company (or whoever issued special order 937) knew in advance there was a hostile organism on the planet. Whether that be prior knowledge due to a previously unseen encounter, or (most likely) the Derelict warning beacon had already been deciphered fully. There is no chance that (as someone suggested here) they *didnt* know until Kane was facehugged. How do we know this? Again, because it is in Special Order 937; (see highlighted sentence in screenshot)

So what does this tell us? They knew there was a hostile organism on the planet before the Nostromo got there... Dallas states that he shipped out 5 times with another science officer, who was replaced two days before they left Thedus with Ash. Ash would have HAD to be aware of his orders before he left Thedus (meaning he was put there intentionally) In my opinion, i can't see how or why any of this is being debated...its all in the movie :)

They knew about the warning signal of alien origins, thats all they did, according to Scott himself. They sent nostromo first to check it out since they were going to be first on the route there before commiting to sending an expensive, specialized team (as they did in A3). As far as Ash, putting him there was a coincidence according to Scott, he was just there to protect the companys business.

Ridley has repeatedly shot down the suggestion that the Company was aware of the Alien payload: "I think any corporation that sends probes into unknown territory is going to think of the possibility of finding something new," he said. "I'm sure that the crew members on all its ships would have been briefed to bring back anything of interest. It would be part of one's job to bring it back. An alien, of course, would be of top priority. This particular corporation didn't have a preconceived notion that an alien would be found on this mission, much less the particular Alien that is brought onto the ship. The idea of bringing it back alive would not have been on the minds of the corporate executives when they first received the alien transmission. They just had high expectations when they ordered the Nostromo to investigate – it was purely out of curiosity."
This of course also explains Weyland-Yutani's lack of action regarding the derelict and the eggs following the events of Alien. Ridley added: "I would have thought that Earth would have previously received messages [from space], realised they were coming from an intelligent source but, for economy reasons, perhaps have postponed the preparation of an investigatory spacecraft. Then, one day, Nostromo is in the vicinity and the order is given for the crew to bring back the Alien, good or evil, without any real thought being given to the consequences.

But why would the Company place an android on their ships and keep its identity a secret? According to Ridley, they are insistent "on placing a company man on each vehicle. In this vehicle, he takes the form of a robot, Ash. This would seem to be the normal development of a huge corporation trying to protect its interests. In this particular future, it would be very easy for "pirating" to exist. Corporations will have to find ways to assure that vehicles carrying minerals or vital information will not be hijacked."

and by all means it looks like it was a quiet inside job, like with Burke

from here: http://alienseries.wordpress.com/2013/08/13/the-android/

WinterActual

MrSpaceJockey

Those were in the Edge magazine too. ;) Check that thread. 

I wonder if the X-box magazine article has anything new?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed