First Alien: Isolation Screenshots

Started by ikarop, Dec 13, 2013, 08:22:23 AM

Author
First Alien: Isolation Screenshots (Read 52,514 times)

ikarop

ikarop

The unreleased material is seemingly being dumped from XBL. These images also come from the same Twitter account as the previously leaked artwork which has been unofficially confirmed to be genuine to us.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Not front-paging?

They do look pretty nice actually. The environment feels right.

reecebomb

Looking great, hopefully they are real screenshots this time unlike Colonial Marines, which for years showed us fake prerendered images.

Xenoscream

In the final pic, in the background you can see the same white tube things which stick out of the wall in the Nostromo med lab - nice detail.

It also looks like confirmation that it is indeed played from a first person perspective.

Let's hope they have invested as much time in gameplay and story as in graphical attention to detail.

MrSpaceJockey

Aw yeah, Ron Cobb's semiotic standard and Japanese signs.  They even put a little tropical island photo on top of the monitor in the last photo, that's a nice detail.

Acid_Reign161

I *really* hope these are in-game screenshots and not pre rendered, as if they are, they are doing what i've always said most games lack in - focus. One of the few games that *have* done this was Killzone 2,  whereby if you aim down the barrel of the gun, the gun became blurred/unfocused just like it would in real life rather than being a flat image with the rest of the screen, and from that top image, it looks like the focus is correctly on the motion tracker making the background slightly blurred ~ i LOVE this effect SO SO much, just makes it look real/movie like... im totally excited for this game!!

Thomas

Thomas

looks great but are they actual gameplay screenshots or cgi-prerendered shots....... ;)

Xenoscream

Just noticed the shape of the life boat in the 3rd picture :-)

I'd buy the game to just walk around in environments like these.

Razz

Razz

Ok that looks great Visually.

Nightlord

If in engine this actually does look great, and nice to see there's not a clone or soldier in sight.

newbeing

I wonder if this guy is getting these screens from a magazine source, one that is being put together now or isn't released yet.

Assuming these are not "bullshots" the quality looks impressive. Especially like the ladder reflections on the helmets.

ikarop

ikarop

He's getting them from XBL. Last year a bunch of unreleased  XBLA titles got revealed in a similar manner.

Acid_Reign161

I wonder if they'll run with the eagle-style Weylan(d) Yutani logo or whether they'll run with the 'Building Better Worlds' style logo..this has got to be at least 15 years on from the the events of 'Alien' at the very minimum (since we know Ripley had promised Amanda she'd be home for her 11th Birthday, and judging by the box art, Amanda appears to be between 25 - 30) so it could swing both ways...but judging by these screens, the station is old, probably the same age as the Nostromo, so I'd expect all the same visuals from the movie. ^^

On the speculation side of things, the most interesting part of this game for me, will be where the xenomorph is from.. if it is from the derelict, then that opens up possibilities for where this game (or future sequels) could go...maybe the damage to the derelict that we see in 'Aliens' wasn't caused by larva flow at all...perhaps it was direct sabotage by a certain individual to disable the beacon and prevent the ship being found again? ^^ Would make more sense of 'Aliens' and why a planetoid with no (known) natural resources is being terraformed... think about it.. At Ripley's hearing, she is told "there have been people there for over 20 years" and if I'm right about Amanda's age, subtract another 15-20 years from the 57, and you're left with a ballpark figure of 15 years during which time Weyland suddenly decide an atmosphere processor is to be built there. Perhaps the intention was for the colonists to be test subjects all along, to be hosts for new specimens for the bio-weapons division since they could no longer locate the ship from orbit? We know Weyland sent the Nostromo to that location, and it never returned...perhaps this station is a secret research facility of sorts? In any case, that'd mean Hadley's Hope was no random co-incidence in Weylands "Building Better Worlds" campaign, but rather, a means to an end... invest in and set up a colony of unwitting test subjects, and let their survey teams locate the artifact for them. Its win win for the company... bio weapons division specimens, a chance to collect raw data on the xenomorph in an isolated populated enviroment, (of course, they didn't count on the explosion of the atmosphere processor)  and obtain an ancient alien artifact which may or may not be related to a previous investment by Peter Weyland ~ I really hope this game introduces lots of new lore to the franchise ^^

newbeing

Quote from: ikarop on Dec 13, 2013, 01:01:10 PM
He's getting them from XBL. Last year a bunch of unreleased  XBLA titles got revealed in a similar manner.

Ah sorry missed the explanation in your post... and in his twitter profile  :P Not so quick in the mornings.

I'm curious to see how the Xenos themselves look. Or the human characters for that matter.

Xenoscream

Jesus please let them use the Giger Alien design. If they do it will actually be the first time we have seen it in media since the movie!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed