Alien: Isolation Promo Artwork

Started by Nightlord, Dec 07, 2013, 08:57:47 PM

Author
Alien: Isolation Promo Artwork (Read 44,686 times)

newbeing

newbeing

I want to see them get a single player game right before they even attempt to tackle multiplayer.

Thomas

Thomas

Quote from: newbeing on Dec 12, 2013, 05:10:37 PM
I want to see them get a single player game right before they even attempt to tackle multiplayer.

I just want a really good scary singleplayer game........ There is more then enough Multiplayer games out there to satisfy anyones needs....... Let those of us who still care about singleplayer games get something special this time....... They can add Multiplayer later if its really nessecary.......

duckman5150

duckman5150

Well, the artwork has my hopes up. I really hope that this ends up being similar to Aliens Vs. Predator for the Atari Jaguar. I loved that game. I played the crap out of that game. Wonderful environments and sounds.

Here's to hope.

Vrastal

Vrastal

Quote from: UDA on Dec 12, 2013, 06:38:25 AM
I wrote about this in the other thread, so I won't repeat all that here, but basically I'm not sure the company was very aware of the xenomorphs prior to Ripley telling her story during the first part of the second film. The Nostromo was destroyed, so there wasn't any evidence of it ever existing. And if the company knew about the xenomorph prior to the second film, why in the world would they risk sending a bunch of space truckers? Why not get a specialized team and go check it out. Something doesn't sound right in the cannon.

If you consider Prometheus cannon, and somehow the company was eventually made aware of the Direlect before the Nostromo was even involved, it's only more reason to actually send professionals, instead of sending space truckers who might be more incline to find a way to destroy the craft, xenomorph, so on and so on. It's a huge risk on the companies part.

Something doesn't sit right.

We still have two more films in prometheus, im betting by the end we will know how the company finds out  about the alien and how the ship on lv426 was discovered. Ash was the "professional" he was suppose to make sure it returned to the company.

And I dont think this is canon.

And i dont care about multiplayer i just want a strong solid, fun and scary single player. (and also to play first person alien)

SM

SM

We know how they found out about the ship on LV426.

Vrastal

Vrastal

I dont think ive ever heard of how they discovered the ship on 426

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

They detected a signal coming from the Derelict, as stated in 'Alien'.

SM

SM

Quote from: Nazrel on Dec 13, 2013, 04:53:05 AM
I dont think ive ever heard of how they discovered the ship on 426

Company picks up signal, translates, diverts next ship near that region of space to check it out.

Vrastal

Vrastal

The company knew about the ship or at least the alien before they got the signal. How they knew about it is what im hoping they explain.

SM

SM

There's no evidence they knew about the ship or the Alien before they got the signal.

cloverfan98

cloverfan98

Quote from: SM on Dec 13, 2013, 06:01:04 AM
There's no evidence they knew about the ship or the Alien before they got the signal.

Ash's instructions were awfully specific especially if the company had no idea what was there. I believe they kew what was there because of how specific Ash's instructions were from them.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: cloverfan98 on Dec 13, 2013, 06:19:48 AM

Ash's instructions were awfully specific especially if the company had no idea what was there. I believe they kew what was there because of how specific Ash's instructions were from them.
I always got the impression that they knew there was *something* of extraterrestrial origin there, but didn't know exactly what.

cloverfan98

cloverfan98

Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 13, 2013, 06:23:21 AM
Quote from: cloverfan98 on Dec 13, 2013, 06:19:48 AM

I always got the impression that they knew there was *something* of extraterrestrial origin there, but didn't know exactly what.

It's been awhile since I've seen it but doesn't Mother say Priority One is retrieval of life form? So they knew they wanted a biological life form as opposed to a piece of technology like the Derelict itself.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Well to be fair, a signal from an apparently intelligent source implies some sort of (biological) creator of said source.

UDA

UDA

Then why plant Ash on the ship? An Andriod that wouldn't be targeting to create more aliens. I mean, it could be lucky coincidence, and that's sort of how it struck me when I first watched the film. He's analyzing the thing, curious about it, because by default he's programmed to be, and the order that Ripley found out about was just a standard procedure thing, as harsh as it was.

But then why send an andriod on board a towing vessel for no good reason. Why not at least let the crew know about it?

It just doesn't add up very well in my mind.

And there's nothing to suggest that the company knew about the ship prior to Aliens. If they had, why wouldn't they go to it and figure out what was going on. It was Burk who sent the colonists out there, almost 60 years after Alien, only after learning about it from Ripley. Burk wanted the alien, not the company, at that time. It wasn't until Alien 3 that the company officially knew (or realized it wasn't a hoax) about it (excluding ACM as cannon), and they send a very Hazmat looking group to go get it.

It'd be more appropriate, if they knew about the alien, to send a specialized team in. If Aliens visited earth, I wouldn't want a stressed out trucker being the first guy he met...

Also, I'll point out, It was the Nostromo (Mother) than got the distress signal, not the company, at least that's not implied. And they were essentially lost in space, nowhere near the time that they were supposed to wake up from Cryo. Remember Ripley calling antartic control or whatever it was? If it was a serious issue, even after the alien appeared on board, why didn't they try to contact earth and get some advisement? I think it's because they don't have those communication methods at that point, or at least the ship isn't fitted with them. So they're acting alone, doing what they're doing because its in their contract. The order to retrieve specimen, Ash defending it, all of that seemed like a default way of doing things. 'Oh you found an creature from another world? bring it back, it's more important than you.' Thus, the lives of the crew being secondary. I can imagine why they'd do it that way too. Say it's a disease, and humans are now space-traveling, they happen across the disease, maybe it turns out it can affect humans. the company would have going to assume that if such is the case, there's no reason to assume that the crew can do anything about it anyway, so let them die. That way the company can learn from it, and figure out if it's present anywhere else.
Ash did refer to the Alien as the perfect organism. I don't think he meant compared to us or a lion, but against all organisms, even microbial ones. It's resilience, life cycle, acid for blood, it's a potential mass murdering machine. Virus's infect a host to recreate, the Alien does too, only it's not a single cell. That would be impressive to anyone. So think of the Alien as a Virus, the company would want a sample, so they can understand it, protect against, and potentially weaponize it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed