Alien: Isolation Promo Artwork

Started by Nightlord, Dec 07, 2013, 08:57:47 PM

Author
Alien: Isolation Promo Artwork (Read 44,679 times)

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: reecebomb on Dec 09, 2013, 03:18:20 PM
Nice art indeed. The premise might suck, but i can swallow it as a fanfiction. The game itself better be good or heads will roll.
I dunno about that. Colonial Marines was pretty much a worst case scenario come true and no heads rolled with that one. I think the only way Isolation could garner a worse public response is if physical copies came irradiated with plutonium and literally gave consumers cancer.

Predatorium

Predatorium

You can see a tiny Amanda flying through space to the right in the picture. Gravity anyone? Maybe it's Sandra Bullock.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: TheTrekman on Dec 09, 2013, 07:15:20 PM
They should give up on making this game and turn it into a movie instead and cast Jenna Coleman as Amanda.

Why? ???

Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 10, 2013, 06:47:08 AM
I dunno about that. Colonial Marines was pretty much a worst case scenario come true and no heads rolled with that one. I think the only way Isolation could garner a worse public response is if physical copies came irradiated with plutonium and literally gave consumers cancer.

Yeah, anyone who thinks the industry will somehow punish a company for putting out a shitty 'Alien'-related game, hasn't been paying attention for the last... Well... Few decades. :)

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Dec 10, 2013, 11:02:19 PM
Quote from: TheTrekman on Dec 09, 2013, 07:15:20 PM
They should give up on making this game and turn it into a movie instead and cast Jenna Coleman as Amanda.

Why? ???

Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 10, 2013, 06:47:08 AM

Yeah, anyone who thinks the industry will somehow punish a company for putting out a shitty 'Alien'-related game, hasn't been paying attention for the last... Well... Few decades. :)
To be fair, Colonial Marines is the "worst" Aliens/AvP game that the media has really latched onto. AvP2010 wasn't for everybody, but the worst that reviewers had to say about it was "mediocre at best", and I think that's doing it a disservice. AvP Evolution is a hoot, Aliens Infestation is great and was received pretty well, AvP2 is a classic (its expansion, somewhat less so), AvP Extinction got decent reviews and was at least creative even if it was crippled by some poor design choices (no multiplayer, no skirmish mode), and AvP2000 got good reviews.

jeffchow

jeffchow

i wish we would get an alien game like outlast or amnesia especially amnesia with the single creature aspect

Thomas

Thomas

The wrecked station in the bigger picture looks an awful lot like "gateway" station from aliens. The station has four parts with domes underneath and the one in the picture upon expection does indeed look like the "gateway" station or a station build just like it.......!!!

newbeing

newbeing

I wonder if they're going to somehow say WY covered up what really happened to Ripley's daughter.

Thomas

Thomas

Quote from: newbeing on Dec 11, 2013, 08:04:12 PM
I wonder if they're going to somehow say WY covered up what really happened to Ripley's daughter.

I dont think they have to. This could be taking place while ripley is in cryosleep after alien but before the events of aliens....... were talking 57 years here plenty of time for more alien stuff to be going on.......

UDA

UDA

Quote from: AVP1974 on Dec 11, 2013, 08:17:43 PM

I dont think they have to. This could be taking place while ripley is in cryosleep after alien but before the events of aliens....... were talking 57 years here plenty of time for more alien stuff to be going on.......

That's about the only time it could happen. Amanda was pre-teen at the time of Alien, and dead by the time Aliens happened. Can't remember the exact age of death. I wonder if Amanda's crossing with the xeno is an accident or something to company set up.

newbeing

newbeing

Quote from: AVP1974 on Dec 11, 2013, 08:17:43 PM

Well rather I mean will it seem that Burke's explanation of what happened to Ripley's daughter (living a long eventless life) was a cover story.

thecaffeinatedone

thecaffeinatedone

QuoteYou, as Amanda, spend most if not all of the game on a single space station, according to our source. There's only one alien for "most" of the game, our source said; you'll mostly be shooting through "clones and soldiers." Vents, lockers, and melee weapons are a big part of Isolation, our source said, and the game is heavily inspired by the first Alien movie.

Keep in mind much of this information is from six months ago; details may have changed over the course of development, as they sometimes do. However, our source re-confirmed many of these details today.

Okay, okay....so it'll equal Dishonored plus a bit of Outlast. Sounds awfully I-don't-much-care-for-this to me. But I didn't much care for the Riddick game even though I thought it was well done technically.

Quote...much of this information is from six months ago....re-confirmed many of these details today...

Well, they didn't say which details did they? So that might mean that....Bah, there's no reason for me to be optimistic when it'll probably be shit.

I am digging the artwork on the other hand. Not that I didn't dig the Colonial Marines concept art...

p1nk81cd

p1nk81cd

It'll probably be just a shite as ACM, but hey, what the hell. I'll bite.

I hope for it to be full of Dead Space "jumps" and the unrelenting suspense of Carpenter's The THING.

UDA

UDA

I wrote about this in the other thread, so I won't repeat all that here, but basically I'm not sure the company was very aware of the xenomorphs prior to Ripley telling her story during the first part of the second film. The Nostromo was destroyed, so there wasn't any evidence of it ever existing. And if the company knew about the xenomorph prior to the second film, why in the world would they risk sending a bunch of space truckers? Why not get a specialized team and go check it out. Something doesn't sound right in the cannon.

If you consider Prometheus cannon, and somehow the company was eventually made aware of the Direlect before the Nostromo was even involved, it's only more reason to actually send professionals, instead of sending space truckers who might be more incline to find a way to destroy the craft, xenomorph, so on and so on. It's a huge risk on the companies part.

Something doesn't sit right.

Space Voyager

I agree. Very much.

QUAGMIRE83

QUAGMIRE83

I would love this to be a dead space type game with optional co-op and multiplayer for next gen consoles.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed