ALIEN: The Weyland-Yutani Report (S.D. Perry, 160 pages)

Started by Cvalda, Nov 23, 2013, 05:33:45 AM

Author
ALIEN: The Weyland-Yutani Report (S.D. Perry, 160 pages) (Read 387,065 times)

predxeno

I already have all the copies, but I was referring to the more casual fans with that statement rather than myself.

Corporal Hicks

In all fairness, I imagine most of us one here would classify ourselves as more than casual fans.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 09, 2016, 08:18:03 PM
In all fairness, I imagine most of us one here would classify ourselves as more than casual fans.

I live and breathe Predator. My phone's wallpaper is nothing but an animated Predator face.  :P  :laugh:

LordCassusSnow

Funny, this book was announced and then there were rumors of a standard edition. Then Blomkamps Alien movie was announced and side show said there were no plans for a standard edition(im guessing because blomkamps movie would delete 3 and Resurrection which are mentioned in this book.). Now, if my theory is correct and alienkamp is dead ala Scott, then it makes perfect sense that a standard edition is being announced. Too bad its too late for tim lebbon to add his resurrection intro into predator incursion :/

SM

Neill Blomkamps film didn't impact on the production of the book.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Guan Thwei 1992 on Jan 09, 2016, 09:17:41 PM
I live and breathe Predator. My phone's wallpaper is nothing but an animated Predator face.  :P  :laugh:

You haven't lived and breathed Predator if you haven't met Ian Whyte, given him artwork of your own Predator, and created your own home made cosplay of a Predator!  :P

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jan 11, 2016, 05:19:45 AM
Quote from: Guan Thwei 1992 on Jan 09, 2016, 09:17:41 PM

You haven't lived and breathed Predator if you haven't met Ian Whyte, given him artwork of your own Predator, and created your own home made cosplay of a Predator!  :P

Comeon now, it's not a fandom competition.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: predxeno on Jan 09, 2016, 07:38:36 PMI already have all the copies, but I was referring to the more casual fans with that statement rather than myself.

This isn't really a book for casual fans.

predxeno

Now that I think of it, I don't think a casual fan would buy the book so yeah, you guys are probably right in that regard.

whiterabbit

Casual fan here and no, I did not buy the book.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jan 12, 2016, 11:50:59 AM

I take it you're more of a hardcore Alice in Wonderland fan?

whiterabbit

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jan 12, 2016, 01:04:35 PM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Jan 12, 2016, 11:50:59 AM

I take it you're more of a hardcore Alice in Wonderland fan?
Does that have aliens in it? To answer the question, no, I'm not an Alice in Wonderland fan. The whiterabbit moniker is more from the matrix iirc. Ugh it's been so long since my favorite sites server crashed and burned. Other than that, it means nothing.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

The White Rabbit in the Matrix was a very obvious Alice in Wonderland reference.

Still, 5,437 posts is quite impressive for a "casual fan" on a site like this.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jan 13, 2016, 01:34:50 PMThe White Rabbit in the Matrix was a very obvious Alice in Wonderland reference.

Morpheus even talks about going down the rabbit hole.

whiterabbit

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jan 13, 2016, 01:34:50 PM
The White Rabbit in the Matrix was a very obvious Alice in Wonderland reference.

Still, 5,437 posts is quite impressive for a "casual fan" on a site like this.
Indeed it is. However the Alice part wasn't apart of the context.

I consider myself a casual fan because I love the movies and only once in a while go out of the way to read a book or comic. I want to buy some toys er I mean models- figures? or whatever they're called but the man in me says that's for children and hard core fans. I admit that I do read up on some of the expanded stuff because I'm interested in where the story could beheaded. Aliens is among my favorite films period, if not my most favorite.

Still I don't do much more than chat here so I consider myself a casual fan. I mean I don't even have a Weaver autographed pair of panties. What kind of true fan doesn't have one of those.  :'(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed