ALIEN: The Weyland-Yutani Report (S.D. Perry, 160 pages)

Started by Cvalda, Nov 23, 2013, 05:33:45 AM

Author
ALIEN: The Weyland-Yutani Report (S.D. Perry, 160 pages) (Read 386,923 times)

predxeno

What did those pages mention?

predxeno

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: predxeno on Jan 04, 2016, 05:41:19 PMIs there any mention to the events of Alien 3 and Alien: Resurrection in this book?

A significant portion of the book is devoted to the characters and events of the third and fourth films. They very much happened in whatever universe this fictional report was published in.

I've no idea how accurate it is, but Goodreads is giving a release date of September 2016 for the basic edition.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 04, 2016, 10:15:36 PM
I've no idea how accurate it is, but Goodreads is giving a release date of September 2016 for the basic edition.

Amazon was giving 20th of September for release too.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 05, 2016, 04:02:47 PM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 04, 2016, 10:15:36 PM

Amazon was giving 20th of September for release too.

Same in Canada at Chapters.ca as I mentioned earlier.  Seems to be a fairly firm date.

To be honest, I kind of prefer not to have all the extra junk in the book that will keep falling out or getting lost.  I mean Burke's card can't be good for the binding of the book.  Remember how thick that card was in the movie?  Can you imagine if you had to have one of those to call everyone?  What were the designers thinking?  It's so funny to think that our little iPhones are more advanced with Skype technology than that future tech.  Boy did we overshoot expectations on that one...  Now let's get that FTL travel down pat...

FiorinaFury161

Eager to read Space Beast by Robert Morse!!! ;D

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Jan 05, 2016, 06:39:49 PM
Eager to read Space Beast by Robert Morse!!! ;D

For sure.  I'd love to read that as well.  That seems like a great addition to the book actually.  Hopefully it will be built into the book properly but not holding my breath.  Some decades ago, I actually contemplated writing an Alien IV with Morse as the lead character.  Went nowhere. He's too 2-D.

Corporal Hicks

I wonder how they'll present it in the standard edition. It was a pullout in the Collector's Edition. I was a tad disappointed with it as it came across as if it'd been the whole thing but it was just so short. Would have liked it better had they been presented as excerpts.

I still think Morse has potential for future use - as does Fury, at a stretch.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jan 05, 2016, 05:06:10 PMI mean Burke's card can't be good for the binding of the book.

It's held in a little wallet affixed to the inside of the (hard)back cover. Shouldn't damage the binding at all.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 06, 2016, 08:09:15 AMI wonder how they'll present it in the standard edition. It was a pullout in the Collector's Edition.

Judging by the video of the Spanish standard version (Eight posted it earlier) the inserts are handled in the same way as the bumper edition, glued in with that peely snot glue. There's just far less of them.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 06, 2016, 08:09:15 AMI was a tad disappointed with it as it came across as if it'd been the whole thing but it was just so short. Would have liked it better had they been presented as excerpts.

That kinda disappointed me too. Don't get me wrong, it was a great read, but the fact it was meant to be the document in its entirety when it was only like 8 pages long was a bit disappointing.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 06, 2016, 08:41:03 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 06, 2016, 08:09:15 AMI wonder how they'll present it in the standard edition. It was a pullout in the Collector's Edition.

Judging by the video of the Spanish standard version (Eight posted it earlier) the inserts are handled in the same way as the bumper edition, glued in with that peely snot glue. There's just far less of them.

Hadn't actually watched the video - those kind of videos bore me a bit to be honest - but I've just watched now. Thanks.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 06, 2016, 08:47:02 AMHadn't actually watched the video - those kind of videos bore me a bit to be honest.

Same, but I was researching that list of exclusive inserts for the Wiki page :)

Corporal Hicks

Fair enough. Can't fault you there.

HuDaFuK

I wonder if any of the errors in the Collector's Edition will be corrected for the new version? Like how Vriess' first name is given as Dom when Crispin's novel says it's John (all the other names tie up between the two books), or how it erroneously says he died on the Auriga when clearly he lived.

Corporal Hicks

I believe SM was letting the Editors know any errors that slipped through so I wouldn't be surprised.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed