ALIEN: The Weyland-Yutani Report (S.D. Perry, 160 pages)

Started by Cvalda, Nov 23, 2013, 05:33:45 AM

Author
ALIEN: The Weyland-Yutani Report (S.D. Perry, 160 pages) (Read 391,180 times)

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on Sep 12, 2014, 12:27:49 PMOut Of The Shadows was much better than it had a right to be.

Is that an official recommendation?

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 12, 2014, 07:17:41 AMIt really hurts me that people don't like me being back.  :-\ But I'll get used to it. *considers changing username again*

I only resent you overstepping your authority and nuking stuff.  Afterall, you're just a grunt.

SM

The inclusion of Ripley should've been a trainwreck. And while there are a number of continuity issues - it wasn't.

Local Trouble

Is it sufficiently explained why Ripley has no memory of the event?

SM

It's explained.  'Sufficiently' not so much.

Local Trouble

predxeno

Regarding the no memory issue:

Spoiler
Ripley feels so guilty for being gone from Amanda's life for so long and is plagued with nightmares filled with Aliens that she requests that a med-chamber wipe her memory.
[close]

Xenomrph

The follow-up question would be, why would she only want the events of 'Out of the Shadows' wiped, and not all of the traumatic stuff like the events of 'Alien' as well?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I had a colonoscopy a few years ago and was shot up with two drugs for the procedure: Demerol for the pain (which made me feel good) and Verced to essentially make me forget the entire thing.  The Verced worked perfectly because I have no recollection of the procedure even though I was reportedly awake and responsive to questions during that time.  However, it didn't wipe any memories of events that took place prior to that.  Too much information?

Maybe whatever they did to Ripley only worked for recent memories.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: predxeno on Sep 12, 2014, 10:18:16 PMRegarding the no memory issue:

I actually really disliked how Ripely became a blubbering mess by the end of the book. She's shown to be far more mentally strong than that in the films. It didn't seem to fit the character at all.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 13, 2014, 07:00:45 PM
I had a colonoscopy a few years ago and was shot up with two drugs for the procedure: Demerol for the pain (which made me feel good) and Verced to essentially make me forget the entire thing.  The Verced worked perfectly because I have no recollection of the procedure even though I was reportedly awake and responsive to questions during that time.  However, it didn't wipe any memories of events that took place prior to that.  Too much information?

Maybe whatever they did to Ripley only worked for recent memories.
I guess that makes sense, as if she wanted them to wipe everything and the process just didn't work as planned and only wiped the recent stuff.

Local Trouble

Any idea if Mike Lynch was involved in this book?

SM

Not directly as far as I know.

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 13, 2014, 07:00:45 PM
Demerol for the pain (which made me feel good) and Verced to essentially make me forget the entire thing.
Then how do you know what the demerol felt like?  ;)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

It took effect before the Verced did.  And it was glorious.

predxeno

Not to reopen an old argument, but many people are saying this "canon bible" that is being released is Fox's attempt to reboot the canon and that they are deciding with stories to cut.  Out of curiosity, where did this rumor originate from and how?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed