ALIEN: The Weyland-Yutani Report (S.D. Perry, 160 pages)

Started by Cvalda, Nov 23, 2013, 05:33:45 AM

Author
ALIEN: The Weyland-Yutani Report (S.D. Perry, 160 pages) (Read 392,789 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SM on Nov 10, 2014, 02:30:26 AMlolVincent.

:laugh: Yeah, that cracked me up too.

Corporal Hicks

::) Thanks, Cap'n.

*So...what are these? I'm guessing the top one is some sort of acid gun?

HuDaFuK

Personally I don't mind the book going off into a bit of "here's some shit we made up that could be derived from the Alien". Bit of a bonus on top of all the film-centric info.

SM

Yes it is an acid gun.  The picture labels provide more detail.

Corporal Hicks

I look forward to seeing what they say about that. Is there a lot of new stuff in there?

SM

That sort of thing?  No.

There's lots of embellishments that connect direct to the films.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Ultramorph

That's some cool stuff. It has rekindled my excitement for the WYR a bit.

locusta

As SM said, it is now not useful to judge some concepts without the written context.

As it is a company report, it does not only gather given informations from past events (the movies) but gives room for speculations and future prospects of concepts based on speculation...

Ultramorph

That speculative stuff has me thinking that they could do some neat things in the follow ups to Sea of Sorrows, assuming those wind up happening.

Russ

Quote from: SM on Nov 10, 2014, 05:12:50 AM
I always find it appropriate to judge a publication based on a handful of pictures, with the only context being a blurred language that I only have a rudimentary understanding of.

The internet is with you on that when it comes to films too.

predxeno

So it looks like I was right, the book isn't going to be a simple regurgitation of stuff we already know from the movies but will actually bring us new stuff as well.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed