Ridley Scott confirms progress with Prometheus 2

Started by ShadowPred, Oct 27, 2013, 05:03:04 AM

Author
Ridley Scott confirms progress with Prometheus 2 (Read 56,020 times)

Xenomorphine

Quote from: locusta on Oct 29, 2013, 04:24:53 PM
F**K NO!! So they gonna rape the franchise two more times.

Long, hard and slow...

Lubrication not optional.

Inverse Effect

Quote from: locusta on Oct 29, 2013, 04:24:53 PM
F**K NO!! So they gonna rape the franchise two more times.

Who are they? It's Ridley Scott who made the franchise to begin with. So if the franchise crashes and burns, then thank him. After all he started it, so he should end it.

genocyber

I think Ridley is full of shit. I don't think anything is written. He just wants to make it but has no idea what to do yet. He just said that to throw a bone for the fans, the same way Raimi often says he'll make another Army of Darkness.
I think what we'll get is maybe another 10 years of waiting, Ridley becoming producer, someone else directing, and a even more confusing story.

Alien³

Quote from: genocyber on Oct 30, 2013, 12:14:14 AM
I think Ridley is full of shit. I don't think anything is written. He just wants to make it but has no idea what to do yet. He just said that to throw a bone for the fans, the same way Raimi often says he'll make another Army of Darkness.
I think what we'll get is maybe another 10 years of waiting, Ridley becoming producer, someone else directing, and a even more confusing story.

NON-BELIEVER!

SM

HERETIC!!!

RobThom

RobThom

Lol.

Can you just picture how well lindelofs mess has been cleaned up with a script written in the last 2 months?

And now they're saying that 2 AND 3 are written!
So whats the over under that Jack Paglen is the fastest most talented writer ever?

For bonus points,
after the counselor, prometheus, robin hood, american gangster, kingdom of heaven pretty much going all the way back to Bladerunner, what are the chances that Ridley has suddenly figured out how to recognize the difference between a decent script and human feces?

Edit: I dont know much about this Jack Paglan character, but I remember when his name first came up regarding prom2 that everybody said that his transcendence script was the best floating around hollywood.
The funny part is that a quick look at IMDB says that that script has been re-written by no less then 3 people at this point.

And it doesn't seem like they would be lindelofing it like they did to speights,
since none of his 3 rewriters have much more experience or name value then he does.

The just keep rewriting it.

hfeldhaus

Quote from: RobThom on Oct 30, 2013, 01:10:10 AM
Lol.

Can you just picture how well lindelofs mess has been cleaned up with a script written in the last 2 months?

And now they're saying that 2 AND 3 are written!
So whats the over under that Jack Paglen is the fastest most talented writer ever?

For bonus points,
after the counselor, prometheus, robin hood, american gangster, kingdom of heaven pretty much going all the way back to Bladerunner, what are the chances that Ridley has suddenly figured out how to recognize a decent script from a hole in the ground?

really wouldnt put american gangster alongside kingdom of heaven! robiin hood was a strong film its only downside was that it was too old fashioned.

as for the P2 already ebing written, who knows. i wouldnt blame him for bull shitting just to keep fan boys from pestering him about it. he must be asked it at eveer press conference and junket hes been at since the first one

Elicas

As long as whatever he does stays out of future Alien releases (like videogames) I'll be happy. Do what you like Ridley, I'm not f**king watching it.

The last thing I'd want to see is this excrement seep into the already poor videogame/comic/novel tie ins however. A:CM was wank enough as is, without further contamination.

SM

:laugh:

You know your rage has reached ludicrous proportions when you think Ridley Scott could've made A:CM worse.

xeno-kaname

I liked Prometheus, even though it had many flaws. Even if it takes a while to actually get it going, I think Scott will get his shit together this time around. So i'm looking forward to this!

hfeldhaus

Quote from: Elicas on Oct 30, 2013, 01:50:38 AM
As long as whatever he does stays out of future Alien releases (like videogames) I'll be happy. Do what you like Ridley, I'm not f**king watching it.

The last thing I'd want to see is this excrement seep into the already poor videogame/comic/novel tie ins however. A:CM was wank enough as is, without further contamination.

so you'd place all that over a movie? way to lose your perspective man

Quote from: xeno-kaname on Oct 30, 2013, 01:53:09 AM
I liked Prometheus, even though it had many flaws. Even if it takes a while to actually get it going, I think Scott will get his shit together this time around. So i'm looking forward to this!

me too, no point hoping/looking for the worst like a few people do on here. apathy is at an all time high on here after acm and prometheus which is a shame

RobThom

RobThom

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Oct 30, 2013, 01:42:06 AM
really wouldnt put american gangster alongside kingdom of heaven! robiin hood was a strong film its only downside was that it was too old fashioned.

Why wouldn't you?
AG and KOH were both narrative catastrophes.

KOH looked nice enough and had a few interesting characters/scenes (I like the kooky guy with the dyed beard), but it meandered almost aimlessly for the entire runtime and I didn't see much difference in the DC either.

AG was even worse.
Not even a few good scenes.

Gladiator was okay.
(Not GREAT!)

I actually haven't seen robin hood, but I've read reviews that describe some of the stupidest things a bad script might have to offer.
tiger-grrl warriors on mid evil battle fields and something about WW2 style amphibious assault barges?
The background story of him mangling that original script also seems to support my theory.

Its funny how everyone says the script for the counselor is the biggest flaw.
Cormac is a great novelist.
But once again I think this could be ascribed to Ridley's utter obliviousness to script quality, and not recognizing that it may have had many attributes but needed a few tightening rewrites.

I actually hope he DOES do P2 as long as it keeps him away from a BR sequel.
I'm honestly kind of intrigued imagining how bad it will be.

hfeldhaus

i agree with you on KOH and him doing the blade runner as it doesnt need to be done but american gangster was not a meandering mess and no good scenes?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXCMz340CRg#ws

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8OMHtUg9sU#ws

you need to rewatch it. it might not be the best gangster thriller but it certainly doesn't deserve to be bashed as much as you say

SM

To put it into perspective - he bashes lots of things.  A lot.

hfeldhaus

Quote from: SM on Oct 30, 2013, 02:05:47 AM
To put it into perspective - he bashes lots of things.  A lot.

oh.... feel like iv wasted my time now

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed