Alien: Isolation

Started by newbeing, Oct 21, 2013, 12:11:03 PM

Author
Alien: Isolation (Read 68,376 times)

Gate

Gate

AvP2010 was at least entertaining and fun on SP and on MP.

predxeno

predxeno

Yes, but A:CM was supposed to come out first, then Gearbox wanted a delay (probably to spend A:CM's funding on Borderlands 2) so Sega felt pressured to release AVP2010 first before it was fully ready, it's this kind of rush that leads to ruination.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

This is the Alien game / Alien experience I (hopefully) have been waiting for. So tired of Colonial Marines, Predator cameos and Aliens reduced to cannon fodder. Crossing my fingers on this one.

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

I'm with you, Beagle! But I'll certainly be waiting for reviews on this one, and not buying on Day One...

SM

SM

Maybe when it ends up $5 on Steam like A:CM.

PsyKore

PsyKore

I don't mind shooting lots of aliens in games, but the key to doing it properly is making the aliens intimidating and menacing. The atmosphere should be very dark, too, and the game should convey a heavy sense of hopelessness and the player should struggle to overcome it in the end. Then you'll have a great experience.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

They need to follow Psykore's advice.  If you haven't played his FEAR sp maps for AvP2 your missing out brochachos.

p1nk81cd

p1nk81cd

Quote from: Guts on Oct 21, 2013, 09:15:10 PM
I know it's silly. Bit maybe the daughter is a Queen alien you play as? melee is a big part of the game. Clones, soilders, vents etc. Only one alien? maybe it takes part at the end of Alien 3? they cloned the queen prior to Resurrection but it was a failed attempt etc.

Or maybe im reading too much into it.

I LOVE THAT IDEA- *holds breath hoping no one heard outloud thoughts*

Quote from: Kimarhi on Oct 31, 2013, 06:46:44 AM
They need to follow Psykore's advice.  If you haven't played his FEAR sp maps for AvP2 your missing out brochachos.

The third map always got the biggest jumps out of me. Damn those scary, echoing Runner howls!!!

Gate

Gate

Quote from: Mr. Runner on Oct 31, 2013, 11:23:12 AM
Quote from: Guts on Oct 21, 2013, 09:15:10 PM
I know it's silly. Bit maybe the daughter is a Queen alien you play as? melee is a big part of the game. Clones, soilders, vents etc. Only one alien? maybe it takes part at the end of Alien 3? they cloned the queen prior to Resurrection but it was a failed attempt etc.

Or maybe im reading too much into it.

I LOVE THAT IDEA- *holds breath hoping no one heard outloud thoughts*

The third map always got the biggest jumps out of me. Damn those scary, echoing Runner howls!!!
The nostalgia ;_;

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I actually replayed the FEAR 3 campaign when I was in Africa.  Good shit.

Psykore needs to look into game design with the big companies and slap those bitches around.

predxeno

predxeno

I have FEAR for PS3 only, so I guess I'm screwed, right?

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

FEAR sp campaigns for AvP2.  Not F.E.A.R.

predxeno

predxeno

Ah.

szkoki

szkoki

cool idea to be the Queen, i remember it was "fun" playing with aliens in Aliens: Extinction, building the hive, laying eggs, capture innocent people for hosts xD but it shouldnt be so linear, would be boring just go around and killing guys like in AVP2010

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

So since the majority of us are fairly skeptical of this newly announced title, namely the using of Amanda and the general premise sounding rather unexciting, is there a way we can all send out our criticism now before this goes the way of ACM?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed