Alien: Isolation (Read 68,386 times)

SM

SM

Quote from: Hemi on Oct 22, 2013, 09:29:59 PM
1 post of a rumour on fcking Kotaku...

AVPG :
http://emotibot.net/pix/477.jpg

RELAX!

Jeezz.... All that's been confirmed is a title, for god knows what.

You seriously expect such a shithouse idea to be greeted with anything other than the scorn and derision it deserves?

Aspie

Aspie

Truth be told, I don't care about the plot points in an Alien game, or how much it craps on the universe. So long as the game play and graphics are good this time, that is.

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

Quote from: Aspie on Oct 23, 2013, 11:18:15 PM
Truth be told, I don't care about the plot points in an Alien game, or how much it craps on the universe. So long as the game play and graphics are good this time, that is.

Even when the majority of the time you're not even fighting Aliens?

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Oct 24, 2013, 12:09:56 AM
Quote from: Aspie on Oct 23, 2013, 11:18:15 PM

Even when the majority of the time you're not even fighting Aliens?

As long as I'm fighting something, then it still doesn't matter to me.

SM

SM

There's not much point in having a game with Aliens in, if they aren't the primary enemy (whether there's one or lots).

Aspie

Aspie

There's hardly any point in playing a game in general, other than for enjoyment. I personally don't consider games important enough to affect the universe/timeline/whatever of the Alien, or my view of it. As long as the game doesn't have crappy game play and graphics like A:CM, I'd be content.

Hell, throw an Alien in a Mortal Kombat game like they did with Freddy Krueger.

SuperM

SuperM

So they've only just announced it and already I can't be arsed with it.  :laugh:

SM

SM

Quote from: Aspie on Oct 24, 2013, 12:43:26 AM
There's hardly any point in playing a game in general, other than for enjoyment. I personally don't consider games important enough to affect the universe/timeline/whatever of the Alien, or my view of it. As long as the game doesn't have crappy game play and graphics like A:CM, I'd be content.

Hell, throw an Alien in a Mortal Kombat game like they did with Freddy Krueger.

All entirely beside the point.

Aspie

Aspie

The point being that the game is shithouse because Aliens is in the title, even though they're not the primary enemy?

SM

SM

Silly me.

Aspie

Aspie

c:

Aceburster

Aceburster

Quote from: windebieste on Oct 23, 2013, 10:04:31 PM
Newt is already a prime candidate perfectly set up for that kind of game play.  I would like to know how she survived the infestation on Hadleys Hope.  It could be a fine opportunity to deliver her experiences to the fan base in game format.   

Id love to see a game from that perspective too, but then it would be too hard to shoehorn in dem clones and soldiers for most of the game.

windebieste

windebieste

You wouldn't even need to shoehorn any WY dudes into it at all - the game play should just maintain a tight focus on Newt and her survival.   Amnesia - The Dark Descent did just fine with just 4 monster types. 

You'd pick the game up right from the very point she sees her father with the facehugger on him.    They get rescued, taken back to the colony and then her infected father is killed by the colony's first Alien.

It's not a Queen, so the alien starts to abduct people and transforms them into eggs in a secluded part of the colony, the eggs are discovered by some of the colonists - and some get facehugged, their unconscious bodies are recovered and taken back to the medlab.  The parasites are removed but the victims don't survive.  Easy continuity.  It's really not a hard scenario to come up with that DOESN'T break canon or introduce desperately justified bull shit scenarios...  a la Ripley's daughter.

As more colonists are abducted, there are less humans around to combat them.  Sooner or later, a critical mass of aliens vs humans occurs and Newt finds herself alone, and constantly under threat of being captured and she fends against the invasion without confronting them -  she can't do so directly, but she can run and hide.  stealth her way around the colony during the day, hiding at night and cautiously seeking supplies during the day.  They're always trying to catch her - but she outsmarts them every time, scavenging for food, setting alarms and possibly even crude traps to slow them down. 

To me, that's a game that is highly deserving to be made.   Maybe they will still embrace such a concept...  we can only hope so, as all we really have at the moment is an announcement and rumor. 

-Windebieste.

SM

SM

Sounds pretty dull to be honest.  At least for a full game.  You'd spend a lot of it following the adults around, and not doing very much.  They could've done a Newt thing as a DLC for A:CM I reckon, involving the woman colonist the marines find.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Will we learn that Burke lied to Ripley about her daughter's death too?  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed