Alien: Isolation

Started by newbeing, Oct 21, 2013, 12:11:03 PM

Author
Alien: Isolation (Read 68,722 times)

Gate

Gate

Do they hire Middle Schoolers to lay out these plot-points?

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Nic Cage should voice the main character.

even if it is amanda ripley

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

I just had a horrible thought... What if they're taking the contradicting-with-canon 'Colonial Marines' idea of chestburster removal, trying to work that into the story and having the official cover-story of Amanda's death as 'cancer'?

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Oct 22, 2013, 01:48:25 AM
So Ripley's daughter encountered the Alien now? I'll throw that in the 'Hicks is still alive' shit-box now so I don't have to waste my time getting excited for this one.

This encapsulates so much...

WickerMan

WickerMan

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Oct 22, 2013, 08:18:20 PM
Nic Cage should voice the main character.

even if it is amanda ripley

Screw that, Nicholas Cage should voice every character.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

How do you know he doesn't?

Hemi

Hemi

1 post of a rumour on fcking Kotaku...

AVPG :

RELAX!

Jeezz.... All that's been confirmed is a title, for god knows what.

PsyKore

PsyKore

People are probably rightly worried. What A:CM showed us is how easily the movies and the canon can be tossed to the dogs. It's not unforeseeable that they'd actually go ahead with something as silly as bringing Ripley's daughter into it. I hope it's not true though.

SM

SM

QuoteI just had a horrible thought... What if they're taking the contradicting-with-canon 'Colonial Marines' idea of chestburster removal, trying to work that into the story and having the official cover-story of Amanda's death as 'cancer'?

Sixty-six year old woman running around dealing death to Aliens.  They could even get Siggy to play the part of her daughter who was originally played by her mother. 

f**king gold right there.

windebieste

windebieste

If we are going to have the next generation of characters follow in the footsteps of their parents, I want to see a game where you have to control a litter of Jones' kittens and protect them from decimation by aliens. 

You know this will be a hit.  It can even have Hicks's son, in it, too!  Oh, and Son of Yautja, Boy Wonder with a Combistick, a teenage predator who's into really bad dubstep and CoD should make an appearance. 

They can all drive around Hadley's Hope on little plastic tricycles together.  Oh, yeah, it's going to be a racing game with cute characters.   It'll be a hit.  Marketing will love it!  Nintendo will be sooooo jealous, too.

I'm just full of it, huh... Ideas or shit?  dunno which, really. 

Either way, I don't make the marketing decisions at Fox, otherwise you'd all be playing this when Christmas 2014 comes around.   

...and you'll all buy it, too.

-Windebieste.

Hudson

Hudson

Quote...and you'll all buy it, too.

I'll stick with Aliens Infestation until the reviews for this one come out.

Greg Or

Greg Or

Wow , here we go . 

I bet sega thought that after "criticaly acclaimed" A:CM , fans need just another "canon" full of "everyones favourite"  We-Yu goons (sorry , but BF or COD does evil terrorists/human fighting better:D)  and this time with Ripley's doughter as main character? 

Isn't Ripley's doughter already  dead , when Aliens happened ? 

Better this be some "mistake" by Kotaku and the main character in game will be someone else or this will end in another "soap opera" clusterf**k 

Aceburster

Aceburster

If this Alien goes around actively ripping people apart and youre just kinda trying to stay outta the way/ set traps, then it might be pretty good. Kinda like a mix of Haunting Ground meets Deception on a space station or something.

That said, its probably going to just be another bad FPS game. Gonna guess that for the sequel, Ripley jr will end up in deep space hypersleep for [insert number] years until she is rescued by Hicks and Winter to go fight clones and soldiers in Detroit while Aliens do things and stuff.

I aint preordering this time, thats for sure.

Predatorium

Predatorium

Quote from: Greg Or on Oct 23, 2013, 05:54:44 PM
Wow , here we go . 

I bet sega thought that after "criticaly acclaimed" A:CM , fans need just another "canon" full of "everyones favourite"  We-Yu goons (sorry , but BF or COD does evil terrorists/human fighting better:D)  and this time with Ripley's doughter as main character? 

Isn't Ripley's doughter already  dead , when Aliens happened ? 

Better this be some "mistake" by Kotaku and the main character in game will be someone else or this will end in another "soap opera" clusterf**k

A lot can happen in the 57 years Ripley was asleep. Like her daughter, now a young flight officer, going with a bunch of truckers to find out what happened to their relatives on the Nostromo.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

That is to much like the first film.  If you have to rehash something to continue the story, just stop making "new" stories.

windebieste

windebieste

Quote from: Predatorium on Oct 23, 2013, 08:14:25 PM
A lot can happen in the 57 years Ripley was asleep.

...like, leading a normal life; which is what Cameron always intended us to believe, thus making the loss of her mother more poignant when E. Ripley finds out about her daughter's death of Old Age. 

Quote from: Aceburster on Oct 23, 2013, 06:33:32 PM

If this Alien goes around actively ripping people apart and youre just kinda trying to stay outta the way/ set traps, then it might be pretty good. Kinda like a mix of Haunting Ground meets Deception on a space station or something.

That said, its probably going to just be another bad FPS game. Gonna guess that for the sequel, Ripley jr will end up in deep space hypersleep for [insert number] years until she is rescued by Hicks and Winter to go fight clones and soldiers in Detroit while Aliens do things and stuff.

I aint preordering this time, thats for sure.

Newt is already a prime candidate perfectly set up for that kind of game play.  I would like to know how she survived the infestation on Hadleys Hope.  It could be a fine opportunity to deliver her experiences to the fan base in game format.   

on the other hand...

If this game goes to the dogs; and Ripley Jr does team up with 'Daddy' Hicks and 'Uncle' Winters to fight Kenner Aliens doing things and stuff in a Ford factory, then count me on board.  I'm in.  Definitely Day One release for me, maybe even pre-order.

I'm always up for a good comedy. 

Space Family Ripley in
D  E  T  R  O  I  T

Yeah.  Bring it.  Make it a movie tie in while you're at it.  I wanna see this movie. 

-Windebieste.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed