Alien: Isolation

Started by newbeing, Oct 21, 2013, 12:11:03 PM

Author
Alien: Isolation (Read 68,803 times)

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 15, 2014, 08:57:29 PM
I heard someone say that the Union of Progressive Peoples (the space Soviets from William Gibson's Alien 3 script) features in the game. If so, a name like Sevastopol would certainly fit.

That would be awesome. They already had a role in the DS Aliens: Infestation game but I haven't played that so I don't know how much they factored into the story.

SM

SM

They're a prominent antagonist, but it's not we're given any insight in the UPP.

Snark

Snark

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Jan 15, 2014, 08:27:41 PM
That would be why Amanda's W/Y ship the Torrens is a Joseph Conrad reference and the Seegon owned Sevastopol isn't?

Whoh! Where did this name come from? I must be missing new info!

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Jan 15, 2014, 09:11:54 PMThat would be awesome. They already had a role in the DS Aliens: Infestation game but I haven't played that so I don't know how much they factored into the story.
That I did not know. Interesting. I'll have to see if my mate with a DS has played it.

ikarop

ikarop

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 15, 2014, 08:57:29 PM
I heard someone say that the Union of Progressive Peoples (the space Soviets from William Gibson's Alien 3 script) features in the game. If so, a name like Sevastopol would certainly fit.
If you're talking about this. That comment was about ACM.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

No, it wasn't on here, it was a friend of mine. I've no idea where they got the info from, so obviously take it with a pinch of salt, but I mentioned it because it would certainly tie in with a name like Sevastopol.

Gate

Gate

DID SOMEONE SAY SPACE SOVIETS?

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Quote from: Snark on Jan 16, 2014, 06:55:47 AM
Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Jan 15, 2014, 08:27:41 PM
That would be why Amanda's W/Y ship the Torrens is a Joseph Conrad reference and the Seegon owned Sevastopol isn't?

Whoh! Where did this name come from? I must be missing new info!

The official facebook page. "Meet the crew of the Torrens."

Snark

Snark

And Torrens is the last sailing ship Joseph Conrad served on before writing.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Exactly.

ChanceVance

ChanceVance

Wow haven't visited these boards in a few months and I see this new Alien game has sprung up without me even knowing about it.
Just one quick question is this game being treated as 'canon' or are they being more relaxed about it than the fanboys over at Gearbox?

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

More relaxed I think.

SM

SM

I think you'll end up finding connecting threads running through all the licensed stuff coming out in the immediate future (ie. there will be references to book events in comics and video game and vice versa.  Might be vague; might be more direct).

If the licensees learn from Gearbox they'll avoid over-use of the 'c' word.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

It's silly too, as if any game developer would choose the other option and say "Oh, our game's not canon! It isn't relevant at all to the films!  If you thought you needed to play this to understand the next Prometheus movie, you're dead wrong.  Hell, just skip this one out!"

Just...just don't mention canon at all, game developers. 

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

e.g. AVP2010. Had some nice references to the events of the movies, but nothing directly linking it and the exact time period was kept vague. And I liked that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed