To turn this conversation around i'm going to start by stating what I would like to see in the game:
1. A proper use of LV426 and planet assets turned around from ACM and use it as a benefit to a puzzle/story/alien inspired game with or without xenomorphs and the dreaded boiler aliens,etc.
2. With number 1 out there, it needs to be re-dressed with higher quality and effects.
3. Extended mythology with the help of HR Giger's minions or himself which ever is available.
4. A return to the cargo debris that Nostromo left behind after the explosion to see if there are any more aliens onboard.
5. Amanda Ripley must have star power to drive the interest in this game and to give it some life with great acting chops. (i'm hoping for Ellen Page)
Well, if we're going to start that:
1. A slow paced narrative. Nothing Boring, but get the players intrigued before you get all flashy.
2. They take time to develope Amanda Ripley and the other characters. The Alien universe is full of Iconic Characters that were easy to get attached to. I'd love to see that brought into the games.
3. No Marine protagonists. I'm not going to say they're all the same, but I thought Bret with his 'I'm in it for the money' attitude and Dallas with his 'I'm just the captain and I'm only here for when things go wrong' mentality were more interesting and relateable than the Marines from the second film.
4. The decisions you make quickly affect the game. You have a choice to make and one of them leads to the death of a character, say they get facehugged and instead of one xeno you now have two to deal with.
5. Set the whole thing in space. It's not done enough, and the feeling of 'Isolation' and being lost in a void would be neat.
6. Don't just throw guns into everyone's hands. have a puzzle where you have to build a flamethrower, and you have to take it to tanks to get it refueled.
7. A strong xenomorph character. I mentioned somewhere else that I liked the stalking that Kane's son had going on. That really Rapist Vibe about him that the first film went for. Give him some unique attitude in his movements.
8. An original alien, close but not a clone to Kane's son. I want to see an Alien stand like that one again, Domed head, so on and so forth. keep the original Tale.
9. Don't start the story with 'I'm Amanda and I'm looking for my mom'. Let her happen to come across it, and as the story goes on, she realizes this is what got her mom. Maybe a character like Ash could reveal that late game. Starting off with the whole looking for mom thing is like starting in the middle of the story. So appetizer, Salad, main course and desert sort of deal.
10. Be a bit heavy on the puzzles, but put pressure on them. Say we're being stalked by the alien, we have to hack through a terminal to unlock a door, with the alien on our heels. Add some pressure to it (those scenarios would be better suited late game).
11. Hire somebody who understands story architecture. ACM is exhibit number 1.
12. Some human encounters and combat would be fine, if done carefully and infrequently.
13. Heavy on the visuals. Maps are art, take plenty of time on them. Create some atmosphere (the most recent AVP had some of this with, there was a palpable difference between the jungle, facilities and ruins)
14. Don't create new aliens. In fact, leave everything out except the drone. Focus on making that scary.
there's probably a dozen more things I could write down, but there's no point.