Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game

Started by Manchu, Oct 10, 2013, 03:38:58 PM

Author
Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game (Read 391,781 times)

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Feel free to ask if you're ever feeling flush with disposable.

How are you thinking of painting the Aliens? I have pics for an ultra-basic tutorial on them but I've not strung it together or written the text yet.

Also, we might be doing a giveaway of some kind over at AvP Wargamer on Facebook, we're nearly at 2k members so if you're not already, sign up for great content and a great community and (possibly) free stuff!

Just got an email from Prodos saying order processing has been pushed back two weeks.

Four melded posts in a row! I've been working on an Alien Trilogy inspired set of missions, but lack the means to make even an vaguely decent looking set of maps/legends. If anyone with the skills would like to step in...

Corporal Hicks

I think that notice of the 2 weeks just went out to everyone.

I've received a separate email to tell me my order is on its way now.

[cancerblack]

Fingers crossed. SiL's first parcel heading out gives me hope they're tackling Asia Pacific presently.

SiL

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Apr 24, 2019, 10:16:59 PM

How are you thinking of painting the Aliens? I have pics for an ultra-basic tutorial on them but I've not strung it together or written the text yet.
Probably a basic black-with-whatever highlights for most of them, something bronzy for the stalkers.

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Apr 25, 2019, 11:02:12 AM
Fingers crossed. SiL's first parcel heading out gives me hope they're tackling Asia Pacific presently.
First parcel sent, third order made tho :laugh:

[cancerblack]

Quote from: SiL on Apr 25, 2019, 11:03:03 AM
Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Apr 24, 2019, 10:16:59 PM

Probably a basic black-with-whatever highlights for most of them, something bronzy for the stalkers.

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Apr 25, 2019, 11:02:12 AM
First parcel sent, third order made tho :laugh:

Oh christ, it's all topsy turvy then.

Going metallic on the infants/warriors or?

SiL

Probably metallic for the infants and blues for the warriors to get that kind'a film look going.

[cancerblack]

Good call, I did dark blue-ish greys and a more intense blue to distinguish mine, really I'd rather they were matching but casuals need to be able to tell models apart on the table and with the clone-y poses of unicast, it was just easier to go full on blue for warriors.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SiL on Apr 25, 2019, 11:45:15 AM
Probably metallic for the infants and blues for the warriors to get that kind'a film look going.

Yeah, that's what I've done for too. Bronze on the Stalkers/Runners.

[cancerblack]

Currently at 83 Aliens painted for the boardgame. That's the lot, except for a multipart Royal Guard which I'll mount on a Marine Hero "squashed pred" base and paint to match the Evolved Warriors so it can pull Praetorian/Number 6 Evolution double duty. When my big order arrives.

WY-0311

WY-0311

I actually won that AVP give-away with the 3 special predators and female Marine. (Thank you Hicks and Prodos!). Those were my first AVP miniatures and they are fantastic.

Unfortunately I didn't catch on about the discontinuation until I had already ordered a bunch of toys for my other hobbies so I had to work with very limited funds, hence I came up with the narrative of WY Commando's fighting Aliens in some god forsaken facility.

I settled with:
- AVP Weyland Yutani Commandos UniCast
- AVP Alien Warriors UniCast
- USCM Sentry Guns
- Alien Evolved Warriors UniCast

I'll come up with my own hybrid rules mixed with space hulk to create my own small miniatures game with this lot  ;D

***Does anyone know if the UniCast Commando's are the same scale as the first series Commando's? or do they suffer the same issue that the Marines have with the 2nd edition unicast Marines?

Corporal Hicks

And that's reminded me to make my final order of stuff from Prodos. Original PredAlien, original Hounds, some extra Sentry Guns.

Quote from: WY-0311 on Apr 25, 2019, 11:58:32 PM
I actually won that AVP give-away with the 3 special predators and female Marine. (Thank you Hicks and Prodos!). Those were my first AVP miniatures and they are fantastic.

You are very welcome!  ;D

DarkfireNeko

DarkfireNeko

And I just bought the second edition:(

[cancerblack]

The game's not going anywhere, you can still play it forever. And you have a few days left to order some very cheap extra models for it.

razeak

Ugh....time is ticking. I'm about to drop some $$$.

SiL

Thus endeth the sale.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed