Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game

Started by Manchu, Oct 10, 2013, 03:38:58 PM

Author
Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game (Read 393,930 times)

Prez

Do Prodos ship to Australia?

SM

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Apr 05, 2019, 01:12:23 AM
Quote from: SM on Apr 05, 2019, 12:34:40 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 04, 2019, 08:52:13 PM
Can anyone even think of others using the AvP licence other than DH and Prodos? It's not like there's any other active uses of the crossover specifically.

I was trying to find out if it was during a natural renewal process or not but it's confidential. As far as we know, Disney has to honor the existing licenses so if Dark Horse's naturally doesn't end for another few years but Prodos' had run out now (unlucky if so), perhaps it wont effect DH until much later.

DH and Titan have more Alien content in the pipeline, but the only AvP thing that's been officially okayed that I'm aware is the new comic series.

You mean Archie Versus Predator right? Because that's got me wondering if I missed an announcement on Aliens Versus Predator.

No, there was an Aliens vs Predator comic mentioned a couple of months back.

[cancerblack]

SiL

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Apr 05, 2019, 12:26:06 AM
I've heard it both ways - Prodos found Fox very difficult and slow on approvals, Fox had a very hard time getting their heads around certain things like the branding having to be on bases rather than the figures themselves, plus other issues around designs. Or so it is claimed.

And for the record, i got 100% of my kickstarter.
Yeah, hence rumours. If the FB comment sections are to be believed, quite a few people still didn't get theirs, but who knows.

Prez

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Apr 05, 2019, 02:41:02 AM
Quote from: Prez on Apr 05, 2019, 02:37:07 AM
Do Prodos ship to Australia?

Yup.

Thanks mate. I went through the cart process on their site ... £15 for shipping ... expected ... still might get some of these before they're gone.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Yeah, it's not cheap but it is what it is for international shipping on chunky boxes of stuff. I've made quite a few orders with them, generally about 7-10 days to arrive in NZ.

Also: the game is a lot of fun and the models are amazing, when all is said and done, good, bad, ugly - the product itself is worth the cash.

Prez

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Apr 05, 2019, 04:27:11 AM
Yeah, it's not cheap but it is what it is for international shipping on chunky boxes of stuff. I've made quite a few orders with them, generally about 7-10 days to arrive in NZ.

Also: the game is a lot of fun and the models are amazing, when all is said and done, good, bad, ugly - the product itself is worth the cash.

Thanks mate for the info  ;D

Wweyland

Also ordered a variety of the cheap stuff on sale. Want the APC and Dropship but they are too expensive for now.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SiL on Apr 05, 2019, 02:45:27 AM
Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Apr 05, 2019, 12:26:06 AM
I've heard it both ways - Prodos found Fox very difficult and slow on approvals, Fox had a very hard time getting their heads around certain things like the branding having to be on bases rather than the figures themselves, plus other issues around designs. Or so it is claimed.

And for the record, i got 100% of my kickstarter.
Yeah, hence rumours. If the FB comment sections are to be believed, quite a few people still didn't get theirs, but who knows.

I also got 100% of mine, a good few years ago. I've always had good dealings with them, but it doesn't seem to be the case for everyone.

Quote from: SM on Apr 05, 2019, 02:39:52 AM
Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Apr 05, 2019, 01:12:23 AM
Quote from: SM on Apr 05, 2019, 12:34:40 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 04, 2019, 08:52:13 PM
Can anyone even think of others using the AvP licence other than DH and Prodos? It's not like there's any other active uses of the crossover specifically.

I was trying to find out if it was during a natural renewal process or not but it's confidential. As far as we know, Disney has to honor the existing licenses so if Dark Horse's naturally doesn't end for another few years but Prodos' had run out now (unlucky if so), perhaps it wont effect DH until much later.

DH and Titan have more Alien content in the pipeline, but the only AvP thing that's been officially okayed that I'm aware is the new comic series.

You mean Archie Versus Predator right? Because that's got me wondering if I missed an announcement on Aliens Versus Predator.

No, there was an Aliens vs Predator comic mentioned a couple of months back.

It's not been officially announced but everything we know is here: https://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=61012.0

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 04, 2019, 09:13:28 PM
QuoteI was trying to find out if it was during a natural renewal process or not but it's confidential. As far as we know, Disney has to honor the existing licenses so if Dark Horse's naturally doesn't end for another few years but Prodos' had run out now (unlucky if so), perhaps it wont effect DH until much later.

But when you talked to Dark Horse they say Disney not renewing any AvP licenses was completely false, not "hey we still have 2 years left luckily."

So, I think the narrative here is Disnox is not killing AvP as Prodos claimed. At least, that's what I'm reading into this.

No idea of the full facts, mate. I'm just relaying what I'm seeing people say. Twasn't me who talked to DH.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 05, 2019, 07:16:56 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 04, 2019, 09:13:28 PM
QuoteI was trying to find out if it was during a natural renewal process or not but it's confidential. As far as we know, Disney has to honor the existing licenses so if Dark Horse's naturally doesn't end for another few years but Prodos' had run out now (unlucky if so), perhaps it wont effect DH until much later.

But when you talked to Dark Horse they say Disney not renewing any AvP licenses was completely false, not "hey we still have 2 years left luckily."

So, I think the narrative here is Disnox is not killing AvP as Prodos claimed. At least, that's what I'm reading into this.

No idea of the full facts, mate. I'm just relaying what I'm seeing people say. Twasn't me who talked to DH.

Ah, I thought it was you who talked to DH. My bad.

Well at least we're seeing new AvP licensing dealt in 2019. The true tell will be seeing another issued after the Disnox March 20th acquisition date.

Yean

Yean

What about the Prodos? And what about the guy Uwerewarned ?He said the Disney or Fox is killing  Avp? Including toys and other relevant products? Even including the avpgalaxy? Holy shit,I'm scared. Is that true? I can't believe. ???

I just want to know whether these words represent your personal views? ???  And Is there any proof of this?Or holy bull shit?

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Yean on Apr 08, 2019, 01:16:14 PM
What about the Prodos? And what about the guy Uwerewarned ?He said the Disney or Fox is killing  Avp? Including toys and other relevant products? Even including the avpgalaxy? Holy shit,I'm scared. Is that true? I can't believe. ???

I just want to know whether these words represent your personal views? ???  And Is there any proof of this?Or holy bull shit?

Start from 5 pages back and give it all a read.  :)

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=49242.1065

[cancerblack]

So say I knew I guy with the time, cash, and masochism needed to deal with this sort of thing, and he wanted to try and get the license, who would he need to talk to post-buyout?

Corporal Hicks

Disney consumer licensing.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Figures. I doubt they're in a hurry to do anything more with any of these licenses in the miniatures field, but hey, you never know.

Whoops

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed