Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game

Started by Manchu, Oct 10, 2013, 03:38:58 PM

Author
Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game (Read 387,101 times)

Voodoo Magic

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

The Old One

The Old One

So why's Prodos getting f**ked?

[cancerblack]

Quote from: The Old One on Apr 04, 2019, 08:28:44 PM

The big question. Could be they did something dumb and are playing the victim, could be it's just licenses through Fox UK that are getting killed, could be anything in between or beyond.

The Old One

The Old One

Life's unfair.

[cancerblack]

Could also be that someone has big ideas about giving the 28mm boardgame/wargame license to FFG instead. Time will tell, maybe.

Corporal Hicks

Can anyone even think of others using the AvP licence other than DH and Prodos? It's not like there's any other active uses of the crossover specifically.

I was trying to find out if it was during a natural renewal process or not but it's confidential. As far as we know, Disney has to honor the existing licenses so if Dark Horse's naturally doesn't end for another few years but Prodos' had run out now (unlucky if so), perhaps it wont effect DH until much later.

[cancerblack]

Is NECA still doing kenner and arcade AvP figures?

And i can confirm that Prodos renewed yearly at around this time. No idea what the DH license looks like.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 04, 2019, 08:52:13 PM
Can anyone even think of others using the AvP licence other than DH and Prodos? It's not like there's any other active uses of the crossover specifically.

From the top of my head:

USAopoly, owned by Hasbro I think? They did the AvP Clue and AvP Yahtzee which I still see in game stores.

Displate does licensed AvP wall art.

Zen Studios Pinball

Eaglemoss

Neca

QuoteI was trying to find out if it was during a natural renewal process or not but it's confidential. As far as we know, Disney has to honor the existing licenses so if Dark Horse's naturally doesn't end for another few years but Prodos' had run out now (unlucky if so), perhaps it wont effect DH until much later.

But when you talked to Dark Horse they say Disney not renewing any AvP licenses was completely false, not "hey we still have 2 years left luckily."

So, I think the narrative here is Disnox is not killing AvP as Prodos claimed. At least, that's what I'm reading into this.

*Edit: Added Eaglemoss & Neca

Still Collating...

Oh hell yeah! I hope Neca and any hypothetical future games are safe.

SiL

I've heard rumours Fox didn't like working with them. There are still Kickstarter backers who haven't got their stuff.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: SiL on Apr 05, 2019, 12:18:53 AM
I've heard rumours Fox didn't like working with them. There are still Kickstarter backers who haven't got their stuff.

I've heard it both ways - Prodos found Fox very difficult and slow on approvals, Fox had a very hard time getting their heads around certain things like the branding having to be on bases rather than the figures themselves, plus other issues around designs. Or so it is claimed.

And for the record, i got 100% of my kickstarter.

SM

I was trying to find out if it was during a natural renewal process or not but it's confidential. As far as we know, Disney has to honor the existing licenses so if Dark Horse's naturally doesn't end for another few years but Prodos' had run out now (unlucky if so), perhaps it wont effect DH until much later.

DH and Titan have more Alien content in the pipeline, but the only AvP thing that's been officially okayed that I'm aware is the new comic series.

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: SM on Apr 05, 2019, 12:34:40 AM

DH and Titan have more Alien content in the pipeline, but the only AvP thing that's been officially okayed that I'm aware is the new comic series.

You mean Archie Versus Predator right? Because that's got me wondering if I missed an announcement on Aliens Versus Predator.

Nightmare Asylum

There was a very casual mention of a new AVP comic on Facebook a few months back. Can't remember if they announced a creative team, but things have been quiet about it since that initial announcement.

I guess its something that could pop up on DH's solicitations at any point.

Voodoo Magic

@Hicks - it looks like Monogram announced a month ago they will be making AVP figures and accessories.

So the AVP License still seems alive and well.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed