Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game

Started by Manchu, Oct 10, 2013, 03:38:58 PM

Author
Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game (Read 394,443 times)

Designation-Kurt

So happy to have been pointed to this post! I'll throw up some of my work shortly!

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Welcome kurt.

Also, we games section now

Oh i forgot with the thread move, i just grabbed some more predator heroes and the elites. They added the promo flamer marine even though the pre-order is well over, bonus!

Designation-Kurt

seriously? you still got her? I didn't bummer...she looks just like Zula with a flamethrower I love it!

[cancerblack]

Well, i got an email saying it had been added to my order. We'll see if the model ends up arriving.

Got anything painted to share?

Thunderjack88

Thunderjack88

Welcome!

I myself am down sizing due to group focus we are going for an immersive board game experience.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bvhi3YNnYSQ/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=l0r2uhbthwp4

My bad bloods hunting party is ready for painting with the Hellhounds up first.

-TJ88

**Edit**
I sold my extra bits like some KS stuff and the Predator gunship to my work and it will be up for auction in Ebay next Friday 5th, I wont link but anyone grabbing bits I thought a heads up worth giving.

[cancerblack]

How big a pain was it to cut the trackers whip off the base?

Thunderjack88

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Mar 27, 2019, 08:29:53 PM
How big a pain was it to cut the trackers whip off the base?

It broke in two place and was a horrible task but worth it.

-TJ88

[cancerblack]

I'm planning the opposite, just cut the feet off the base and snip at the handle, replace with a spare alien tail in a cool pose.

Thunderjack88

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Mar 27, 2019, 10:45:36 PM
I'm planning the opposite, just cut the feet off the base and snip at the handle, replace with a spare alien tail in a cool pose.

Not a bad plan if you have a good tail for it, will save you alot of time. I'd also say to anyone with spare non unicast predators to just do a foot swap to save time as some of the foot placement is tricky but do able.

-TJ88

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I have boatloads of Alien spare parts so replacing the whip will be a breeze. Not hugely worried about the feet, I've cut the core game Preds off their bases too. I was mainly curious how much grief the whip had given you, but it looks good.

Alien Trilogy pieces I did a while ago. Lots of headswaps and sculpted necks going on:

Thunderjack88

And it's coming to a close!
https://prodosgames.com/blog/farewell-to-avp-with-machiko-noguchi

Sad but I've got all I want and I'm happy with it all, anyone know if this is due to newly acquired assets being sorted out?

-TJ88

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Yay for new minis! Especially that Machiko.

Boo for the shutting down of the game! It took so long to actually get an Alien vs. Predator miniature game and it's being taken away after Prodos had really found their feet with it and were releasing regular expansions.

Absolutely f**king gutted.  :'(

I've just ordered a f**k tonne of models, including the 2 I was missing and a few extra expansions.

Quote from: Thunderjack88 on Apr 02, 2019, 02:13:21 PM
anyone know if this is due to newly acquired assets being sorted out?

That's as safe a bet as any.

Per Simon C Day (staff on the official group) on the Facebook group:

QuoteSo hears what has happened. Fox as we know have been bought by Disney.
Disney in there logic have decided AvP to be non profitable compered to Alien or the Predator franchise.
They must of thout the films sucked.
So Fox/Disney have not renewed any AvP license for any body.
Is it the end for prodos. No there are plans in the future but of what is unknown to Admin Untill concreted in the ground.
As for us Admin its been a 4 year up and down ride but a lot of good has come out of it. :)
I will try and keep this page going as long as I'm aloued. Maybe adjust it to painting and modeling.
All separate end game posts will be removed so please only post on this one.

I suppose that means we wont be seeing the new comic series either.

UWereWarned

UWereWarned

Disney is intent on erasing both series from existance. Not just discontinuing the movies, but annihilating them from the public and cultural conciousness. Stock up on merch now, because it's all about to disappear. Don't be surprised when this site is forced down under threat of legal action either. Think they can't do that? They wouldn't? Do you think Disney are your friends because they make comic book and Star Wars movies? Grow up.

This is the New Order. The Disney Order. This is the future you chose.

Nukiemorph

Okay, Mr. Grimdark.

Judging by this news, they're just erasing AVP, which is a separate license from Alien and Predator.

The Old One

The Old One

AVP being dead doesn't mean anything for Alien or Predator as individual licenses, perhaps because of the comic license transfer, if AVP started with Dark Horse, perhaps it's best it end with Dark Horse.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed