Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game

Started by Manchu, Oct 10, 2013, 03:38:58 PM

Author
Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game (Read 394,233 times)

Still Collating...

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 19, 2019, 01:11:34 PM
Quote from: SiL on Mar 19, 2019, 11:31:25 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 19, 2019, 08:27:51 AM
Shevvie and I would do some if I could figure out how to edit those to make them interesting.
Cut out the people thinking about their moves for one :P

Spoiler
[close]

That one I had figured out.  :P

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Mar 19, 2019, 11:34:43 AM
I mean, you'd want to cut out 95% of the actual gameplay and narrate over pictures and slow sweeps for the most part I guess. I don't watch battle reports online precisely because almost without exception they're dull as dishwater.

That also seems a bit boring in itself to me. This is why I've been struggling. lol

I've seen some battle reports from a channel on YouTube called winters SEO and to me it's quite entertaining, so maybe you can get some design ideas from there.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: SiL on Mar 10, 2019, 09:47:41 AM
Would you mind posting a step-by-step on your painting next time you start one? Your stuff is gorgeous. I love the detailing you've got on the tracker, those are some fine highlights.

I've been taking (bad) photos of the second pred for the berserker group. I'll likely finish the model tomorrow, then i'll crop and combine pictures into a managable tutorial. Is there any desire for a separate thread for tutorials (not just mini paintjobs but widely for stuff like custom toys etc)?

SiL

Yay! Looking forward to it.

I'm not much into modding myself, but it looks like quite a few people here are. It might be worth a thread.

Still Collating...

I'm not into tabletop gaming personally (yet), but I do love seeing the beautiful work that's done on those models. A thread for such tutorials would seem like a good idea. 

Thunderjack88

We set up the 3d board so we could make sure we had enough scenery and to iron out changes from tiles to a 3d board.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvSHNhbHl8P/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=fuanvb6y8zpv

-TJ88

[cancerblack]

Finished this guy just now. Tutorial inbound.

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Great work as always. Awesome work on the skin.

Do you also use the color scheme on your regular preds? Or just the supers.

Looking forward to the tutorial. As i plan to repaint my Black Legion force for 40k, i always look for great ways to paint blackish armor ;D

[cancerblack]

Cheers m8. The skin is unique to this group, the others are similar but orange/russet. The black armour won't work for large areas, but might help on fine details.

Still Collating...

Quote from: Thunderjack88 on Mar 21, 2019, 08:27:31 PM
We set up the 3d board so we could make sure we had enough scenery and to iron out changes from tiles to a 3d board.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvSHNhbHl8P/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=fuanvb6y8zpv

-TJ88

From that angle I'm getting some nice AVP:Extinction flashbacks.

Thunderjack88

Then the illusion is complete!
My friends K-Series will look great against my extinction unit themed preds so we agreed to paint the prisoners as scientists and go with the k-series labs.

-TJ88

Still Collating...

Wow, that's going to look so epic!

The Kurgan

Nice. Playing on a table like that gives the whole game so much more.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I feel like you might wanna add even more, denser terrain. That's a hell of a lot of open LoS for ranged weapons with relatively few places to hide, compared to the basic game corridor format.

My original Predators:

The Kurgan

Great work. I plan to paint mine in similiar colors.

Is the grey and red one an older one or from a different tribe?

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Just a warrior elder for the same group.

Just finished forklift boy

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed