Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game

Started by Manchu, Oct 10, 2013, 03:38:58 PM

Author
Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game (Read 385,940 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Mr. Domino on Mar 14, 2018, 12:04:07 AM
I wonder if the scale would be close enough on these to fit the Halcyon Jockey model into the "Cosmos Chamber". I've been thinking of getting a recast of that to use with THB, would be particularly great if it could become a centerpiece to an entire map with these.

FYI they eventually replied but I don't think I noticed it -

QuoteThe outer diameter of the Cosmos chamber is about 15 inches in diameter. The inner pads are 11"

Quote from: JokersWarPig on May 08, 2018, 12:12:37 PM
If your shop carries GW/Citadel paints I'd suggest looking for Seraphim Sepia. It's a wash that makes bones/skulls look great.
I use it on my GW skeletons to give them an older/aged look. It brings out a lot of the details.
If you're doing the classic predator colored armor they also have a wash called Nuln Oil.

Thanks! I'll keep an eye out for those.

Corporal Hicks

Just picked up a KS exclusive Predator objective token off eBay. I'd already got the Marine one (half a Bishop) and recently picked up some Alien Egg markers so got all of them now.  :)

Xenomrph

If I've got the first edition of the game (I backed the kickstarter), how much different/better is the second edition? Is it worth upgrading?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Xenomrph on May 12, 2018, 02:28:43 PM
If I've got the first edition of the game (I backed the kickstarter), how much different/better is the second edition? Is it worth upgrading?

I think the upgrade kit is probably worth picking up. I don't think it was massively expense. Everything is better written but still not perfect.

Looks like we're getting another new expansion new month. Nothing official and no details but one of the staffers has mentioned something about what's coming next month is going to be better than the King.

Corporal Hicks

The Community Mission results are in and this is the winning mission - http://prodosgames.com/sites/prodosgames.com/files/files/Fiery_the_angel_fell.pdf

QuotePlenty of missions to choose from, but only one can win.

Prodos Games would like to congratulate all participants for their entries, and thank you for being a part of this awesome community.

It has been a long and hard selection process, but now the Team has reached their conclusion and cast their votes. Each person chose freely amongst the entries, judging various aspects, such as the "feel" of the missions, the fluff creation, the mechanics and other factors, to finally suggest one primary and three secondary entries.

Given the fact that there were so many entries which were awesome and could be nominated, it came as no surprise that each Team member chose a different primary entry! The entries earning the most nominations within the Team are now being presented to you:

Contest Winner:Graham Ayling
Mission: Fiery the Angel Fell

Runner-ups

Distress Signal, by Stevan C.
With Extreme Prejudice, by Aaron P.
The Rescue, by Maxime H.

The winning entry receives 100 GBP voucher as an award (and gets to be published as an official Mission!), while the 3 first runner-ups get 40 GBP vouchers. On top of that, in order to thank the community for the large participation and acceptance this contest received, Prodos Games promises to run more Community Contests at a regular basis. To actively demonstrate our appreciation of the community's efforts, we would like to further award another 8 contestants, whose entries intrigued the team.

Honorable Mentions:

Company Protocols, by Jason R.
The Panatal Incident, by Christoffer H.
Bloody Queen, by Lorenzo M.
Engine Crash, by Andrea N.
Into the Shadows of Corridors, by Nicola M.
Collect and Destroy, by James J.
The Temple, by Akis A.
Wanted, dead or alive, by Oliver N.
Search and..., by Daniel (no last name given)

The Honorable Mentions will receive 10% discount code, and will receive Special Promo Model as part of their order for free. We have your e-mails, we will contact with each of you in next few days.

Congratulations!

https://prodosgames.com/blog/community-mission-contest-results

Pretty chuffed at runner-up.  ;D

HuDaFuK

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

The new expansion has been announced! Predator Elders!  ;D

https://prodosgames.com/blog/predator-elders-are-coming

QuotePredator faction is the only one that misses HQ class miniatures. But no more - full pack of Predator Elders is available for pre-order now. We have included 3 miniatures to choose from. Each one features different weaponry, every miniature was "equipped" by our rules design team.

I absolutely love the mini stabbing the Alien head through the vent. Pre-orders come with a free-promo too!

https://prodosgames.com/blog/predator-elders-are-coming

We'll be running a giveaway for this expansion too.  :)

Wweyland

Looks great, will look even better painted.

Corporal Hicks

I used my win voucher to pick up the APC.  ;D

Just a reminder there's only another 7 hours to get your entries in to win some free Predator Elders!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'm hoping it's not going to be ridiculously priced but I'm willing to sink some cash into this.

JokersWarPig

That's pretty cool, nice to see that they're willing to delve into terrain pieces.

Corporal Hicks

It's not Prodos, it's another company. Just thought it might be of interest to players.

JokersWarPig

Oooh ok. Still cool to see though, if the game gets big enough maybe someone will release hive/colony scenery

Corporal Hicks

There's some others out there do a generic colony kind of appearance. Wasn't too keen on it myself.

Got my dropship yesterday!  ;D

I'll be picking up my APC from the post office after work today. Really looking forward to putting them together!  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed