Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game

Started by Manchu, Oct 10, 2013, 03:38:58 PM

Author
Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game (Read 385,919 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

How you liking it Dom?

Also looks like those teases were for a marine leader unit. Judging from the new event Prodos has put up on Facebook, release is this Friday: https://www.facebook.com/events/1804100572986543/

Here he is.

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

I like the game a lot more than I thought I would, after all the negative feelings surrounding actually getting ahold of it. I need to remember some time when I'm home to post some glamour shots of my figs - pretty happy with how most of them came out (in a way, it was good it took so long for them to get to me, because when the Kickstarter happened, I'd only been painting for about a year - I'm a lot better now, lol).

Also, looks like the new HQ dude isn't the only thing getting revealed tomorrow - two more teases, one of some elite-looking marines, and then a size comparison showing what looks to be a bigger alien than the Crusher - people are speculating it'll be the king from Rogue, but the tail reminds me of the Croc-Alien from the Batman crossover.

EDIT: Looks like it's the King after all.

Corporal Hicks

Awesome that we're getting a new (and beastly sized) Alien! But I'm really not a fan of the Sideshow version of the King.  :'( Would have preferred the Rogue take on it or perhaps just a different variant - Ravenger?

I wonder if they'll be releasing anything for the Predator faction?

Corporal Hicks

https://prodosgames.com/blog/april-avp-releases-for-aliens-versus-predator-the-hunt-begins

Pre-orders are up with confirmation of releases. Think I'm going to risk ordering the King and the Leader.

Corporal Hicks

I received my Young Bloods last night. Second Edition cards too which is nice to see. They also included a free squad of Marines and I think they're the new Multipart ones which was a really nice bonus.  ;D

Corporal Hicks

I'm still not a huge fan of the Sideshows take on the King that Prodos are also using but really looking forward to getting this on the table!

JokersWarPig

I get real jealous between this thread and the Facebook advertisements I see. I'm currently working on an AoS Death army and don't want to take on more than I can paint

Kailem

I don't mind Sideshow's take on the King, and I like some of its features quite a lot, like the more armoured look and the "mandibles"/horns by the mouth, but I do think it could do with being a bit less busy in places and have a slightly simpler/clearer crest silhouette that's a bit more distinct and clearly recognisable, as the Queen's is.

I think being able to see it in greyscale here actually makes me appreciate the design more, as it's easier to make out all the details. Either way I just like that the King has been getting some love recently. It's always been one of my favourite EU xenos.

Corporal Hicks

Tried my hand at an unboxing of the new King and the Officer.

skhellter

skhellter

Really not a fan of the King design or concept.

Wish their minis were actually closer to the film designs.

(I bet these would actually sell a lot better, if they actually were)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'm not too keen on the King myself.

Who says they're selling poorly, though? I can't say I've seen any reports.

Prodos have got a 10% off sale (was for Alien Day but extends to Sunday) and a free Adepticon Promo mini is included in all purchases. I've ordered some of the Unicast Warriors.

Been painting the Unicast warriors today. Really like them. Much more Aliens than the original Warriors were - they were more AvPR. Just waiting for them to dry and tidy them up a bit more but found a nice blue that I think works really well. Really really happy with them.  ;D

Corporal Hicks

Not the best of photos but I'm really pleased with the blue I've been using for these. Really love the models too. Especially the two at the front.

Prodos are doing a custom mission competition - https://prodosgames.com/blog/avp-mission-design-contest

QuoteProdos Games is happy to announce its first community contest. The participants will need to create the context for a new mission, which our Rules Design team will then review. The team will select a mission according to many factors (such as creativity, originality etc.) and will then modify it to ensure balance in accordance to the THB mechanics. The winning entry will be released through the official Prodos channels, as an official THB mission available for download for free! The winning entry will receive 100 GBP voucher as an award, while 3 of the runner-ups will get 40 GBP vouchers. All of those are to be used in our webstore.

If you wish to participate, you should design your mission according to the following guidelines before 14th of May 2018:

Include a paragraph aimed at the Rules Design Team, explaining the main point of the mission.
Include an intro paragraph "in character", relevant to the mission
Include at least two objectives for each of the three factions, "in character"
Suggest a name for the mission. The mission name should be relevant to the intro paragraph or the objectives.

Optional:
    • Include a board game map to fit your mission
    • Include suggested starting forces

The Rules Design team wishes to all of you good luck!

Send us your ideas to

contest@prodosgames.com

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 07, 2018, 03:50:32 PM

Not the best of photos but I'm really pleased with the blue I've been using for these. Really love the models too. Especially the two at the front.

Ah, that's how I painted my old Leading Edge lead Aliens miniatures. Black base with a simple blue drybrush and a gloss finish. Works like a charm!

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, it works really well. I've gone for a silver drybrush for the Infants (AvPish in design) and a bronze for the Stalkers (Runners, Alien 3) and it just looks so great.

I've based some Predator's so I'm going to actually try something a little more complicated later. I do need to head back out to the shop to pick up some paint for the decorating skulls and leather/clothing on them though.

JokersWarPig

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 08, 2018, 07:05:12 AM
Yeah, it works really well. I've gone for a silver drybrush for the Infants (AvPish in design) and a bronze for the Stalkers (Runners, Alien 3) and it just looks so great.

I've based some Predator's so I'm going to actually try something a little more complicated later. I do need to head back out to the shop to pick up some paint for the decorating skulls and leather/clothing on them though.

If your shop carries GW/Citadel paints I'd suggest looking for Seraphim Sepia. It's a wash that makes bones/skulls look great.
I use it on my GW skeletons to give them an older/aged look. It brings out a lot of the details.
If you're doing the classic predator colored armor they also have a wash called Nuln Oil.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed